New project - EXCITED !!

Ok.. Im as excited and jazzed up as I can be at the old age of 50 right now. Im filming a short on Dec 9th thru the 12th. Im aiming for a 10 minute thriller. I have the "script" in my head and on a dry erase board behind me. Im auditioning 3 more people today and will get serious about getting the script banged out in the next week w/ storyboarding and figger out the camera moves I want to set the mood in the following week AND mebbe a week for "adjustments" and what not.

I've got the core talent all being experienced and most I have worked with or they have worked with others who I have and get along with. I will have one armed standoff/encounter and two killings to do in this project. This is not a splatter or a gore fest, but will have the killings to add to the story if you will.

The most dodgy of shooting days will be the last. I have a hair salon at my disposal and will have 4 actresses and mebbe 20 extras to deal with. I hope to get mebbe 3 1/2 minutes of material that day so I will need to get a good nights rest the night before.

This will be my most ambitious effort so far. I really want to focus on style, lighting, mood and camera work to make this a powerful short film. I have done some shorts, a horrid feature and now I want to focus on quality and style.

This is what I live for right now. Being creative and having people help me get the job done. this is a no-budget short. I'll make pizzas for the talent to eat and have some sodas available and that is it. I expect to have a small crew assist me as I am usually a one man film crew anyways ( with all the results one could expect ).

The working title is "Please Don't Leave Me alone", a story about a young lady who who has mental problems and was abused as a kid. The story has a bizarre twist at the end and Im challenging myself and the talent to bring it out !!

It looks like a cool project, Indie. Was that jello-ing out on you toward the end or an effect?

He definitely did that in post. Jello is actually much more subtle, and you really have to whip the shit out of the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfQnIQPMjM

Budget, you're a Maverick! You've got Tiger Blood!

Dang Eugene! Take care of yourself! That IS a crazy story. Sucks about the boots on the cars. Man. Production is WAR. You're in the trenches. Really hope you are feeling better and that you don't go through the same thing again. Keep shootin', Tex. ;)

Im plodding along on my new project. I am finding that some are not in tune w/ my methods. I do a lot of improv cuz i never know who will show up or how good they will be. Many times I give a script and they do not learn it or they are flat in my opinion, so I work with them on the set. I call it rolling rehearsal.

I got a good performance out of this feller, her was reading the script as he was going, it worked as a prop. I shall place the actress on the other side of the door in the final edit. I shall make it sound duller like it is being heard from the inside.

Cool thing was the apartment complex was a crack-infested dump and i was totally cool and did not freak out .. no ambulances were called at all !! Yeayyy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in8B1IHP6ss

Im kinda stealing..ok robbing from David Lynch, throwing in elements of my life ( the circus midget orgy scene is awesome ) << Ok not really.. I am making this flick as I roll. I have "The Story" and we improv & I adjust the performances as we shoot. I want power, emotion and passion to come out. I hope my flick will get someone's attention and simply entertain.. so we shall see.

YES, I am hoping for peaceful shooting, but as Flicker stated..IT'S WAR ! and many elements are against me, so I have to work hard long and tirelessly to make this happen.

Got my hooker scene shot !!!

YAYY ! Man this is tough stuff, but I got it ! My kill the hooker scene in downtown houston that is .

Here are some screencaps of the fun. Just playin w/ it color wise.. I do want dark and Im ok w/ the grain, this will add to the effect when the girl kills the hooker. Ahh the life of an Indie filmmaker..beautiful women doing whatever I tell them to. My life is doin fine !! LOL

the-hand.png

christie.png

kill-baby.png

and a surprise behind the scenes pic

alanna-chill2.JPG

Last edited:
Here is some ROUGH stuff from my Hooker scene. I have more coverage and more angles also will edit to cut out some lines that do not fit. Also will use totally different music I was just playing with the Perspective and it did not look good, but here it is anyhoo. This was shot downtown Houston.. the streets were LOUD. I used a Lav Mic & an Olympus VN-8100PC digital recorder for dialog. the dialog starts at 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81STUoeR-HY

I love the look and the Olympus doesn't disappoint. I've only used that method indoors and it sounds better outdoors for some reason. I wish I lived in Houston to help out in some way and be a part of it.

OK fine.. Life has totally screwed me. I broke up w/ my meal ticket, the ideal woman, you know she has a disability check. I am now forced to work a job to get beer money so it has slowed me down.

I have been slow on this project but here is a nice chunk of it. I'll never be happy with it cuz I know it can do better, but I am makin my stuff better and ...well see for yourselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muiluqWExqc

Back