• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Louis Barabbas: Faith In Myths

PaulWrightyThen

IOTM Winner
Hi Guys,

Very pleased to share my latest music video with the community. Its the follow up to 'You Did this to me'

Not as nightmarish as its predecessor, this video looks more at the acceptance of the inevitable. The poor guy is still haunted by his past though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWZWsdY6IQ

Director: Paul Wright
DOP: Phil Chambers

I hope you like it, and any feedback is always welcome.

Thanks

It's a strong delivery from all four main contributors. Music, acting, direction and cinematography. Cuts seem to be fast for the sake of being fast, especially in the opening scene. The first EXT shot is absolutely awesome.

It's a strong delivery from all four main contributors. Music, acting, direction and cinematography. Cuts seem to be fast for the sake of being fast, especially in the opening scene. The first EXT shot is absolutely awesome.

Thanks very much. Yeah, I ummed and ahhhd in the edit about the cuts. I'm trying to wrestle myself away from the beat more (Usually cut much faster for music videos) and I agree with you really. Sort of wish I'd been more patient with it.

Really pleased with the EXT stuff.

Thanks for watching and taking the time to reply :)

Everything here looks great, especially aesthetically pleasing. Exterior shots look inspired by Woodkid music videos definitely, which I enjoy

The only thing I thought it lacked was direction & pacing, both felt awkward but not poor, just kind of strange.. someone said cut fast for the sake of being cut fast, I can agree here. otherwise it was great! :)

Everything here looks great, especially aesthetically pleasing. Exterior shots look inspired by Woodkid music videos definitely, which I enjoy

The only thing I thought it lacked was direction & pacing, both felt awkward but not poor, just kind of strange.. someone said cut fast for the sake of being cut fast, I can agree here. otherwise it was great! :)

Cheers for the feedback. Never seen Woodkid. I'll be sure to now though.

When you mention directing and pacing could you be more specific? Would love to know what you thought was lacking there. Was it a lack of variety in what the characters were doing?

A little bit of info on the editing. Usually I cut music videos slavishly to the beat. With this one I made the conscious choice to stay away from the beat at the start. There's some subtle bass that (in the waltz in the loft) I threw in a couple of cuts to that beat. Then veered away again. Its only towards the end when I chose to start really hitting the beats with it.

Is that what has some people thinking 'oo-er'?

Cheers again :)

Back