looking for experience with other filmmakers....

Hi everyone.

I live in the north of England and In the past couple of months I have just made my first short film, you can view it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaSCtq0Qyo

Anyway I am looking to get some sort of experience with other filmmakers, especially on days of shooting as suppose to in the editing room etc.

I am interested in cinematography and dp side of the business as well as an enjoyment for editing, I have some equipment such as a hd dslr with several lenses, tripod etc.

If anyone out there needs a hand or anything with their film, even if it just helps me with some experience, please send me a message.

Cheers,
Michael

Hey Michael,

I live in Leeds so probably not too far away! I haven't got a great deal going on at the minute but I'm always looking for contacts and local people even if just to have a chat about techniques or whatever! I think there are a few other guys on this forum from around similar areas maybe we could look into making a forum led short?

cheers for the advice. leeds definately is reachable for me no problem and a forum led short would be intriguing, we should make it happen. I'm interested too 8salacious9 in your up and coming film, the facebook page looks cool, tell me more about it if you can.

think i'll bump this thread right here :)

cheers for the advice. leeds definately is reachable for me no problem and a forum led short would be intriguing, we should make it happen. I'm interested too 8salacious9 in your up and coming film, the facebook page looks cool, tell me more about it if you can.

think i'll bump this thread right here :)

Well it's an anime style film so I call it re-anime, it's gonna be part one of either 2 or 3 films and will act as a pilot, I have one other member from here helping me out, I have a decent amateur set up, all actors casted, how it started you can read here : http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=43729&highlight=Seishin

The synopsis is this: when the powerful Seishin fall from heaven to earth they are brought by fate to possess their destined human who will release them back to heaven by sacrificing themselves, but as time has passed humans have learned to utilise the Seishins power for their own use... fate has chosen the path of Kibo as the saviour of the Seishin but the almighty Furah plans to destroy him and capture the Seishin for his own use to rule the world especially Kibo's own Seishin from which he has been possessed.

Can Kibo stop him or will Furahs might and evil tricks put an end to the saviours quest..

I'm currently in production of a kickstarter project asking for £600 but will wait until next weekend where I'm filming a test scene but may use if good enough for the actual film and use that as a little peak into what the film will look like.

I'm also currently in talks with some private people for extra funding too

It's roughly ten minutes pushing 15, bare in mind my aim is to crack Asia with my films so it may not be what some expect.

Well first scene will be shot hopefully next week Saturday, then I'm waiting on money for the 2 guys costumes which il be getting no later than the end of February literally will be raiding charity shops as Iv already noticed a full set of clothing which will cost me less than £15 bargain!

But il keep this thread informed.

Talking of up north I use to live in Harrogate took the odd bus now and again to Leeds memories...

I think a possible hook up is possible if we have set positions each etc..

Oh also if anyone wants to see my script for the film (isn't perfect as Iv never written before but had good reviews) then just pm me your email address and il send it to you when I'm on the comp

oh wow thats interesting you don't often hear of people wanting to crack asia, or any market other than hollywood for that matter, obviously i can understand why! but still its cool to see someone planning films around a different fan base or whatever.

oh cool im not a million miles from harrogate so yeah some sort of meet up would be fantastic even if it was just to talk about ideas and such!

ill pm you my email for the script

just read the script, really like it! not the sort of thing i would normally read/watch but really interesting all the same. It seems like the film is going to be pretty VFX heavy? so im guessing a lot of time in post?

would love to see some test shots or some early footage just to see how its going? which i think is one of the best parts of this forum, you can potentially see someones entire film from conception/first idea to the final product!

and emily I'm in leeds, salacious is london i think? and i think lime is north east so im guessing manchester/liverpool?!

theres been a few people joining the forum lately from the uk and even some in the north!

just read the script, really like it! not the sort of thing i would normally read/watch but really interesting all the same. It seems like the film is going to be pretty VFX heavy? so im guessing a lot of time in post?

would love to see some test shots or some early footage just to see how its going? which i think is one of the best parts of this forum, you can potentially see someones entire film from conception/first idea to the final product!

and emily I'm in leeds, salacious is london i think? and i think lime is north east so im guessing manchester/liverpool?!

theres been a few people joining the forum lately from the uk and even some in the north!

Thanks means a lot, I did have an actual director who makes quite a few low budget films review my script and he left me positive words also which I find is amazing as I tried to make this film as simple as possible, however in part two of the film there will be much more concentration on the plots and a lot of mind games with brilliant action.

I will most definitely share some pics and vids which I'm shooting the first scene on Saturday.

i'm in durham. i used to live to middlesbrough and would head down yorkshire from there so travel it's not too far away with us 3. i love a lot of anime 8salacious9 (big miyazaki fan and like some manga too). if you get your script too me to please would be much appreciated.

Hi limecat!
I live in newcastle so i would be up for a little collaboration. Im not the most experience (still at uni) but im always doing things, so ill let you know if anything comes up!

Hi Michael. I live in the North of England as well (North Yorkshire) so it's possible that we could collaborate. I'm currently writing a script that I plan to start work on in the summer, I am currently unattached to a DoP, and my current access to shooting equipment is not great, so I would definitely welcome the opportunity to work with you.

man! i wish you lived in Georgia in the U.S. lol i would have the perfect thing for you. I'm planning on shooting my first film with my new camera this next week. I've been unofficially been making films for about 10 years now and i'm still a really young guy. Would have loved for you to be on the crew and help out. :(

Back