• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Experienced Composer looking to take on new projects

Hi,

I'm Mitchell Gibbs, an up and coming composer for Film, TV and Video Games. I've just finished composing the soundtrack to David Izatt's 'The Jacket' and also Michael Dragnea's feature film, 'The Catalyst'.
I'm here today looking to take on new projects for the New Year be it a soundtrack to your debut short or feature film, or maybe a documentary you're working on. Whatever the project is I'm confident that I can compose the right music for it.

Feel free to take a listen to my portfolio or find out a bit more about me here: www.mitchell-gibbs.com.

If you have any questions regarding your future or current projects contact me at the following address and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible - mitchell@mitchell-gibbs.com.

Best,

Mitchell Gibbs

People on this site are only looking for free composers working for experience and credits

True. However, seeing as music can potentially make or break a project, it's wise to get it professionally done as a lot of these so called 'composers' aren't professionals, hobbyists if you like. So the quality of work can be hit or miss not the kind of risk I would like to take on my project.
Plus I'm not willing to degrade my profession by doing it for free nor would I expect a whole film crew to work on a project for six months for free, why should it be different for a composer?

Last edited:
i checked out your music, the cinematic build up sound, just sounds like a hans zimmer batman rip off, the rest of it didnt sound that professional enough to me that I, A. would pay for it, B. i could have done it myself

i checked out your music, the cinematic build up sound, just sounds like a hans zimmer batman rip off, the rest of it didnt sound that professional enough to me that I, A. would pay for it, B. i could have done it myself

Hi,

I respect your opinion and the 'Hans Zimmer rip off' was for a game project, and that's what they wanted, so I composed a piece in that style. Bare in mind most of my portfolio hasn't been updated in while as I've been busy on projects and in the process of updating it for the new year along with my website.
In terms of quality it's a lot higher that most composers you get on here plus there's limitations to what you can archive through MIDI unless the company has a sufficient recording budget which they don't in low level/indie productions. It's not like you've done anything remotely creditable and I doubt you'd be able to do it, so you can get off your high horse.

Best,

Mitchell.
www.mitchell-gibbs.com

Last edited:
And it's actually not true that people around here are only looking for free work. I've had a few paying gigs from folks around here, so keep at it. And if you feel you don't need to do free work, then don't do free work. We're all in this together!

Hi,

I respect your opinion and the 'Hans Zimmer rip off' was for a game project, and that's what they wanted, so I composed a piece in that style. Bare in mind most of my portfolio hasn't been updated in while as I've been busy on projects and in the process of updating it for the new year along with my website.
In terms of quality it's a lot higher that most composers you get on here plus there's limitations to what you can archive through MIDI unless the company has a sufficient recording budget which they don't in low level/indie productions. It's not like you've done anything remotely creditable and I doubt you'd be able to do it, so you can get off your high horse.

Best,

Mitchell.
www.mitchell-gibbs.com

iv never heard of you so what makes you credible? lol no need to turn it into insults, it begs to question why someone as *REPUTABLE* as yourself comes on here, tries to sell themself, includes rip offs which sound almost alike, then claim to be a composer yet most of your music which you claim to have not *UPDATED* with more work, sounds like nothing that one would pay professional money for as someone could easily replicate it.

also i wasnt trying to sell myself to you, so how would you know what i have done?

I was expecting an attitude of professionalism from someone selling their services.

also this is an indie forum people on low budgets and what not..

good luck with your work, with that attitude at the first sight of criticism you'll bloody well need it.

good day to you sir

And it's actually not true that people around here are only looking for free work. I've had a few paying gigs from folks around here, so keep at it. And if you feel you don't need to do free work, then don't do free work. We're all in this together!

Thanks for the support, Josh. I would consider working for free if the projects going to get a lot of exposure, which I've done in the past for a few films that went into some high profile film festivals, which in turn got me some more work. However, if it's not going to see the light of day it's not worth my time and effort, and I would rather get paid for my time instead.
It just annoys me when people are shocked when composers ask for money for their services. They have no idea how much time and effort goes into composing a 90 minute score.
I'm also working on a feature film at the moment which I'm getting paid for too, so you do get paid jobs on here as well, not just free ones.

iv never heard of you so what makes you credible? lol no need to turn it into insults, it begs to question why someone as *REPUTABLE* as yourself comes on here, tries to sell themself, includes rip offs which sound almost alike, then claim to be a composer yet most of your music which you claim to have not *UPDATED* with more work, sounds like nothing that one would pay professional money for as someone could easily replicate it.

also i wasnt trying to sell myself to you, so how would you know what i have done?

I was expecting an attitude of professionalism from someone selling their services.

also this is an indie forum people on low budgets and what not..

good luck with your work, with that attitude at the first sight of criticism you'll bloody well need it.

good day to you sir

I'm not insulting you, you came across as high and mighty that's all. I didn't once say I was a super successfully composer otherwise I wouldn't be here like you said, I've just had experience working on short and feature films, and I'm also qualified as I have a degree in music which is more than some composers on here. Producers and directors like to work with people that have had experience working in their field, that's all.
I'm not ripping people off they sent me a track from The Dark Knight and wanted me to replicate it without plagiarising it, and seeing as you thought I ripped it off I must of done a good job of it.
The tracks on there at the moment are just a showcase of different genres I can work in, the updated tracks I will add next year will be from the projects I'm working on at the moment which are a lot more professional and I promise you, couldn't be easily replicated.

I think we've both gotten off on the wrong foot here.

Best,

Mitchell.
www.mitchell-gibbs.com

Back