Why is Nick Cage such a bad actor?

Nick Cage is nephew of Francis Ford Coppola (betcha didn't know that!).

He just loves to work. He does trashy movies, okay movies, good movies and great movies. I sometimes think he will act in anything while he looks for the great projects.

In addition to the noteworthy stuff ("Leaving Las Vegas" "Adaptation" "Face Off" etc.) I liked the first "National Treasure," which was a lot of fun, and enjoyed "Next" which paired him with Julianne Moore and Jessica Biel.

I really liked "The Family Man," which was sort of "It's A Wonderful Life" in reverse. "City of Angels" and "The Rock" were also quite good, and "Raising Arizona" is a classic.

Ummm, Matchstick men anyone? How about Family Man? He has alot of good movies. The funny thing is, for being a big time movie star, his movies don't generate that much money. Which is probably why he's been making shitty movies as of late

I'm not sure that he takes bad roles because he needs the paycheck.

He just paid off an IRS lein of something like $6 million - I'm pretty sure he's been choosing roles based on the size of the paycheck rather than the quality of the film for this reason.

He seems to be pretty out there, and I think the quality of his performance is more a result of the director he's working with than anything else. I get the impression that when a director knows how to rein him in just enough that a little weirdness comes through without carrying the character into camp then we get the best Cage movies.

Last edited:
National Treasure is a guilty pleasure of mine. But shh, don't tell anyone.

I liked it too. The plot and especially the bad guy(s) in "NT2, Book Of Secrets" just didn't gel for me.
Now, if Ed Harris had been undercover in the KKK or something like that and not in charge of the bad guys I could have bought his sacrifice at the end.

NT3 is in preproduction...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

This Sir, is HILARIOUS. I was both scared and laughing multiple times in the same 4 minutes.

Oh Nic, just, oh Nic.

I think he does get some stick for his recent role choices, but Con Air and The Rock are guilty pleasures of mine, so he'll always have a little place in my heart. :yes:

This whole thread made me laugh! :D I watched that Nicolas Cage Losing his shit video and i laughed hysterically! I especially loved that Imma Vampire part..... Someone should run into walmart or something doing that :D Oh and why was he dressed as a bear i didn't understand that.....but anyway Nick Cage he's okay I'm starting to like him, he's growing on me

I found this video about Nicolas Cage, i loved it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PJddmfesaA

I liked his Adam West (1960's BATMAN) impersonation in KICK-ASS!

040110_big_daddy_t.jpg

I love the fact that a thread that was started as Nic Cage haterism quickly transformed into a thread that is an ode to his greatness.

Seriously, the way that many people have a list of celebs they fantasize about sleeping with, I have a list of actors I fantasize most about working with, and Nic Cage is a permanent fixture. No matter the movie, he does the exact opposite of phoning it in.

If there is such thing as an actors' director, then there must be such thing as a directors' actor, and Nic Cage is their champion. :D

I love the fact that a thread that was started as Nic Cage haterism quickly transformed into a thread that is an ode to his greatness.

Lol, even from the guy who started it.

Someone should show this thread to Nicholas Cage. It'll lower his spirits at first, then quickly raise em up to the maximum

Nick Cage is nephew of Francis Ford Coppola (betcha didn't know that!).

He just loves to work. He does trashy movies, okay movies, good movies and great movies. I sometimes think he will act in anything while he looks for the great projects.

In addition to the noteworthy stuff ("Leaving Las Vegas" "Adaptation" "Face Off" etc.) I liked the first "National Treasure," which was a lot of fun, and enjoyed "Next" which paired him with Julianne Moore and Jessica Biel.

I really liked "The Family Man," which was sort of "It's A Wonderful Life" in reverse. "City of Angels" and "The Rock" were also quite good, and "Raising Arizona" is a classic.

Wow! Very interesting fact.

Back