Do these guns look real enough?

Looks like a real M9 to me. If you don't like it, get a Mod 1911 or a different model. If you need a military gun a 1911 will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how many LEO's and military still employ the 1911. How authentic does it need to be? Do some research into the type of gun that was used. Is it a street thug? Then it doesn't matter what he is carrying. Is it a SEAL pre '86 or post (whatever year) that they adopted the Sig P226?

Google is your friend. Find out what pistol is appropriate.

Why did you pick the M9 in the first place? Because it looks cool or because it's appropriate?

Not sure how many LEO's and military still employ the 1911. How authentic does it need to be? Do some research into the type of gun that was used. Is it a street thug? Then it doesn't matter what he is carrying. Is it a SEAL pre '86 or post (whatever year) that they adopted the Sig P226?

Google is your friend. Find out what pistol is appropriate.

Why did you pick the M9 in the first place? Because it looks cool or because it's appropriate?

Both really. It looks cool and it's appropriate in my opinion. But it is a photogenic gun. So is the 1911.

you-get-what-you-pay-for-v1.png

It's a $20 prop.

If you've got a scene with guys waving guns around it's probably fine. If you are going to be doing closeups on the weapon(s) then maybe something a little pricier. As always you need to consider not just what is in front of you but the role of the whatever it is in the grand scheme of the project.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Well mainly a guy finds the gun like in a drawer, or something like that. For a still shot in the drawer, will it pass? If not, then maybe I should get one from somewhere else?

Make the film and we will let you know if it passes. Or do you need to start a thread about bullets for this non-film? Or ponies?

On a sidenote, is it possible to buy a prop gun that is fake, and you actually open the chamber, and put a prop bullet in the chamber, but it all looks real? Any prop guns that can do that?

If all you want is the bullet popping out of the chamber, you're better off using After Effects just to add it in.

If you're looking for more real looking guns, there are blowback airsoft guns, but as said they're a bit pricey.

Why you work from the finest detail outward on these projects is beyond me. You are setting up road block excuses to make sure you never embark on a project.

So we wont hear the excuse "Well, I couldn't get the pistol chambering scene exactly right with real looking bullets, so I decided not to waste money on doing the rest of the script."

Tell you what, if you film something, and you need a pistol chambering scene, that looks 100% real, with real looking scary bullets, I'll film the scene for you for no charge and send it to you.

Any pistol, you name it. I'll film it for you.

There, now you don't have any excuses not to move forward on this project.

Why you work from the finest detail outward on these projects is beyond me. You are setting up road block excuses to make sure you never embark on a project.

So we wont hear the excuse "Well, I couldn't get the pistol chambering scene exactly right with real looking bullets, so I decided not to waste money on doing the rest of the script."

Tell you what, if you film something, and you need a pistol chambering scene, that looks 100% real, with real looking scary bullets, I'll film the scene for you for no charge and send it to you.

Any pistol, you name it. I'll film it for you.

Total bikeshedding! https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bikeshedding

There, now you don't have any excuses not to move forward on this project.

He'll find one. We had gun, and as predicted, we went to bullet. Ponies are next! :rofl:

Back