• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Space Pilots: Episode One (Sci-Fi Comedy Webseries)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxB-P5DkziA

The first episode of my show is finally here. I've learned a lot about filmmaking, comedy, and hard work/discipline since I've begun making this show and I'm so glad to finally be able to release it. The next step, aside from making more episodes, is to obtain a following for it, so please consider being a part of that following by subscribing ;) www.youtube.com/mussonman

In this episode, Navin's space adventures begin as an alien Military Commander attacks his ship under orders from his King.
His crime: having interstellar intercourse with the King's daughter.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/SpacePilotsComedy

TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/SpacePilotsShow

Featuring the lovely voice of our own Zensteve ;)

Last edited:
How did you afford that opening v/o? That's a million-dollar voice, if I ever heard one! :bag:

Glad to see it finally launch! Do you have the season ready to go, on a regular schedule? I think this will get you a lot more viewers, if the storyline can keep on track... somewhat. Lookin' forward to next ep. :)

Thanks folks :)

Yeah, so far I have seven episodes completed, the eighth only needs sound and music, the 9th is shot and I'm doing some CG work as we speak, and I have about 16 episodes written

I also have three "minisodes" completed

The show will function as like a recurring sketch for a while before getting into any complex storylines

Thanks folks :)

Yeah, so far I have seven episodes completed, the eighth only needs sound and music, the 9th is shot and I'm doing some CG work as we speak, and I have about 16 episodes written

I also have three "minisodes" completed

The show will function as like a recurring sketch for a while before getting into any complex storylines

Thats awesome, I wish my web series was moving along that quickly.
I thought I'd have episode 2 filmed in september.. still piecing it together bit by bit a few hours at a time

I laughed out loud at the "Overactor" name, but otherwise it left me pretty cold, I'm afraid. I am a subscriber to the idea that naming genitals is not comedy (even if that does make up 90% of most US sitcoms these days) :)

Good job getting it done and up though.

I laughed out loud at the "Overactor" name.

I've felt that many characters in Star Trek should've been given that name. That's interesting though, because I feel like that was the weakest joke in the episode

I've felt that many characters in Star Trek should've been given that name. That's interesting though, because I feel like that was the weakest joke in the episode

True enough, although that scenery-chewing villain is pretty much a sci-fi staple. I think the name was the only joke I laughed at as it was the only one that was subtle. And really, that whole genital humour thing does nothing for me.

That's not really a criticism though. I'm trying to write something similar, actually (a comedy aboard a space vehicle), and I never realised quite how hard it is to be funny on the page/onscreen...

And really, that whole genital humour thing does nothing for me.

That doesn't bother me. I'm only trying to make people laugh who have similar tastes in humor as me, even though I laugh at a wide range of comedy, high and low-brow. The majority of "blue" humor will come from the main character, since he's supposed to be a Captain Kirk-type wannabe, obsessed with sleeping with weird space girls. The AI program, Artie has a much more subtle, snarky sense of humor in future episodes

Aha, I can tell from your last remark you are inspired by the Kirk-Spock relation? ;)

I'm curious how it will develop!
I haven't had time to get into the nebula-thing I told you earlier: having 4 projects in post makes it hard to get some computertime for that :P

BTW, you brought the whole "exposition-dialogue-thing" to another level, LOL
This first episode is mostly verbal exposition, I guess ;)

What software do you use for the 3D?
Minecraft only?

Mike,
Excellent pilot.

You did a good job of establishing the show's and principle character's themes.
I look forward to future episodes for both the writing and production skilllz. And more vagina humor.

Congrats on your 332 views and 3 subscriptions in about 72hrs!
One more sub coming up!

Oh, and one more thing:
01dodgeballs.jpg

i use Blender for the 3D work.

Ray, I have a character in a future episode that I promise will have your tow truck nuts idea (I might name the guy Ray, in your honor, lol)

Once you get passed the talk-head portion (could use a bit more action) its pretty interesting. I hope you do well!

Back