• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Audax - Low Budget Sci Fi !!

Hey indietalk community, Rebecca here.

So, in my introduction, I briefly mentioned a film I am currently a crew member for. I am the foley artist, sound recordist and sound designer for a Science Fiction film known as 'Audax'. We begin filming on the 28th April 2014 and I am super excited as this is the first feature film I've ever worked on.

Here's a brief description of what the film is about:

Kit Taylor, a disgraced ex-space captain, gets his shot at redemption when he is asked to become a test pilot for a dangerous new mission. He and his crew must face the trials of traveling in uncharted space, however things aren't all what they seem

There are twenty-five of us in the crew (that's pretty small) and our budget is currently around £10,000 (£5500 of which we successfully raised via kickstarter, which was amazing). We've chipped in our own pennies for this film and we are so passionate about the project.

We are looking forward to the few months ahead of us. If you wish to follow our film's journey, I shall be making brief 'Day of the Sound Lady' posts/blogs at some point, as to where, I shall keep you updated. :) However you can follow our official social network pages:

Facebook
Twitter
Official Website

Last edited:
Best wishes - make sure you have an accountant to watch over your pennies and expenses, and also make sure you have a lawyer who can help you avoid pitfalls. There are many such professionals who will help out pro bono for the students. :)

Back