• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Wreck Beach '05 Trailer

Here's the trailer for my documentary on the Wreck Beach Film Festival, from this past August.
Filmed, edited and exported drunk- that was a disclaimer.[WM]http://www.superguncinema.com/movies/WB05trailer1.wmv[/WM]

Hope you enjoy. I'm just re-scoring some of the bits and trying to get the rights to some music for the big thing. The trailer music is from the Macbeth 3000 Soundtrack, composed and preformed by the luxurious Prince Harmeet J. Bindra esq.

:weird: ...
-Logan

PS- I know about the beginning text. It is supposed to say "Go on a Journey", and was fine in the render, but messed up in the export. I have some tweaking to do anyway. Would appreciate feedback.

Definitely dump the clip of the guy demanding his keys back.

The swooshing-in text of "near the shores of Lake Simcoe" is so large and moves so fast that it's unreadable without pausing. I'd re-do all the opening text-titles into something much simpler and static. (and add "Canada" somewhere along the line, as there will be many peeps who've never heard of Lake Simcoe)

Also, there was just a very brief (2 seconds?) clip of a band playing... I think the trailer ought to be including general sights of the multitudes of the rest of the entertainment & attendees, if you have the footage to do so.

_______

Having said that, and seeing the rest of the craziness in the trailer... I'll be at next year's Wreck Beach Film Fest, come hell or high water!
smiley_piratriot.gif

Zensteve said:
Also, there was just a very brief (2 seconds?) clip of a band playing... I think the trailer ought to be including general sights of the multitudes of the rest of the entertainment & attendees, if you have the footage to do so.

Actually, I was hoping to edit little segments for the bands as a second release, of "The Music of Wreck Beach" as a little 5 minute add-on. Most of the footage in that trailer wansn't even used in the doc. I think like 7 shots are actually in the movie. I keep finding more and more footage!
If I can get song rights to about 3-4 songs, I could release this on DVD! I want to put lots of extras online though, but I think the video file would be too big for online.

I do hope you can make it next coming fest Steves...lots of time to plan some stuff to do ..I already have some neat stuff planned for next years event ..it gets bigger an better each year ..one suggestion that im interested in ,is the idea of a competition where all the submissions are made from the same footage,any thoughts?Im always interested in hearing suggestions ..

WooHoo... That looks like a great time!

I thought the music was a little loud. Was there no sound of the guy drifting?

I guess I agree with Zen.. The "Dude where's my keys bit could be cut, and add more bikini :D

Dude...i can't believe you put in the part where I'm about to wreak havoc on your pansy asses. I hate you so much but its so awesome. It's staying.

but but but...why don't I say anything on my title?!?!?!? and extend the bit at the end a lil...cuz i'm in it! :D

If i dont see this soon, i'm stealing your virginity. and by virginity, i mean life. and by life, i mean death. and by death i mean i'm hungry.

Bird- It's 25min in length for the full one. Just decided to add a bit of footage I found editing the trailer. I'll make sure lots of Indietalk members get copies of this DVD when it's finished. Or if you meant the trailer, it's like 28MB. If you go to www.superguncinema.com/movies you'll get an index, and the file "WB05trailer". If you need a save-able file.

Kirill- Relax, monsoiur ego. You'll see it soon.

Coot- There was sound of the guy drifitng, but I sped up the clip and had to loose the sound. I was thinking about putting a clip in there though... maybe I'll do that...

I'll cut that line of the guy in the car. Thanks for the info guys.

Well even if it's sped up.. the sound doesn't have to be, right? I didn't actually notice that it was sped up! And it was followed up by a bikini... so that probably made me forget.

Good work.. It sure looks like the Captain can throw a great party!

I sure would like to go to the next one...

Definately you should have more bikinis in the trailer for more sex appeal!
Overall i thought it looked like lots of people having fun in the sun which is great to watch.

Check out my film on //admin edit
Don't advertise your films in someone else's thread

Back