Traffic, Funding and What to Do?

Any one else thing that as a comunity we need to do more to attract people to this part of the board. Not in terms of people looking for money but people looking to invest?

I think this community is great and I'm proud to be appart of it. What I'd like to see is, as a community, we all work together to try and attract real investors to the site so that some of these funding calls get good responses and films get financed through this board.

I'm sure that will help attract new members and in general really bump up the profile.

I guess the idea is how... so any thoughts?

Speaking of things like this, it would be very interesting to see forms of colloboration between forum members. Look at the Dogme movement and such, things that united filmmakers in the repective countries through the forum, allowing for colloboration and such.

Indeed. That is a superb idea.

I guess, at the end of the day, it come's down to the owners etc want to do and how they want to drive the board forward. I think, as I have always said, that whilst Indietalk is good it can be better and getting some genuine major sucsess stories behind us could really push this community forward and help establish this as the place for Indie Deals.

In fact a deal room specifically set up for picthing films (set out in a certain standard format) that Hollywood types have free access to would help also.

I'd like to see Indietalk become the premiere independent filmmaking hub between "us and them" (indie filmmakers and the established industry). With a few "wins under its belt" and some press releases to the fact, Indietalk could realy take off as "the standard" meet and greet networking site. Not to mention Indietalk making tons of money with more registations, of course! :D

In my opinion, what's more important than free memberships is marketing to the producers that there is a perceived value -- a reason -- for them to come to IndieTalk. Sure...WE want them here, but what do THEY get out of the deal? I know there are many answers to that question, but I am not the one who needs convincing. How do you market to producers to convince them they have something to gain by spending their time on this site?

mr-modern-life said:
Any one else thing that as a comunity we need to do more to attract people to this part of the board. Not in terms of people looking for money but people looking to invest?

I think this community is great and I'm proud to be appart of it. What I'd like to see is, as a community, we all work together to try and attract real investors to the site so that some of these funding calls get good responses and films get financed through this board.

I'm sure that will help attract new members and in general really bump up the profile.

I guess the idea is how... so any thoughts?
My company invests in project other than my own and I work with several others. I can tell you from experience that people and companies that fund low budget movies ($25,000 to $500,000) get hundreds of requests a year.

I agree that if people with money came to the boards and started funding movies made by the members here it would be a great boast to the membership. I think attracting them is going to be difficult. Few investors are looking to "help" filmmakers - they are trying to earn a living.

Maybe if we could show that we (the movie makers) on the boards make movies that make money we could attract investors here. I'll do my best to get the people I know to start perusing the boards.

directorik said:
My company invests in project other than my own and I work with several others. I can tell you from experience that people and companies that fund low budget movies ($25,000 to $500,000) get hundreds of requests a year.

I agree that if people with money came to the boards and started funding movies made by the members here it would be a great boast to the membership. I think attracting them is going to be difficult. Few investors are looking to "help" filmmakers - they are trying to earn a living.

Maybe if we could show that we (the movie makers) on the boards make movies that make money we could attract investors here. I'll do my best to get the people I know to start perusing the boards.

Yep you are one of the people we want but your money can only go so far... but you make a fair point. I guess we need to prove we can make money. Prove we are serious. Combined with incentives to get these people to sign up (why should they pay I ask).... but do we need more?

Back