Pay-what-you-like movie download - a first?!

I'm not sure that Radiohead's In Rainbows album model is the future for all independent movies, but does it have a place? We're about to find out on December 28, and we think we are first (but let me know if you know different!)

Our film is Sam Jackson's Secret Video Diary, nominated for a British Independent Film Award. It is particularly unusual in one other regard - it is (we think) the first movie to be made whose leading actor died prior to the start of principal photography. Trailer, images and full details of this seemingly-impossible production are at http://www.samjacksonmovie.co.uk.

Love your concept and website. Very cool, inspiring idea for a film. How was your Raindance premiere? I went to a short seminar with Elliot Grove earlier this month and he seemed like a real genuinely nice guy. It'll be interesting to see how the pay-what-you-want method will work for you... let us know, and good luck!

Raindance was great, and they continue to help and support us.

Speaking personally, far and away the biggest thing about that screening was that Posy's parents were there. Three years after she died, to see her playing the lead in a London West End cinema, when they never even knew she was making a film at all (well, neither did Posy or any of us of course). That will stay with me as long as I live.

Thanks for the kind words, I am very intrigued myself as to how this all goes!

Back