Hooligan's Valley - Day 2 (image-heavy)

Sunday February 13th was Day 2 of a 4 day shoot, for Other Side Cinema's new film entitled "Hooligan's Valley".

I was working with the crew for today's shoot, and managed to nab some snapshots of what was happening. I'll add in some details as well with each image.

Their film production company is recently arrived in California, from Florida... to stay.

After the martini-shot on Day 4, I'll sit down with all of them and get the big picture about future plans, etc.

_______

Last edited:
01.jpg

On with the makeup!

Lenny Lenox (left) puts on some of the finishing touches. Lenny is the film's co-Producer, as well as being a wizard with a paintbrush and wedge. He denies ever having worked for Gene Simmons.

On the right we have David Ament, who has most recently appeared in the *cough*legendary*cough* "Broadband" and two other projects of mine.

_______

02.jpg

Aaron Platt (red shirt) was the very talented DP.

He was running a Panavision Super-16. Many of the shots were shoulder-mounted and moving around. The camera (with mounted fresnel) was a pretty heavy piece of machinery to be lugging about.

He's been working with film for about 4 years, and shooting with video for longer than that.

_______

03.jpg

Sean Mejia (left) plays the part of "Lobo". He looks suspiciously similar to a Mexican wrestler, one passerby mentioned to us. He is the quiet (but mean) sidekick to David's "Itchy" character.

This is Sean's first crack at acting. He says it's something that he has always considered trying, and luckily found himself in the right place at the right time when casting started for this film.

Last edited:
04.jpg

Mark Terry (center) is the Producer for "Hooligan's Valley". Very chatty, and was able to calm down the panicked residents of the old-folks home behind us.
smiley_creepy.gif
. I didn't get a chance to hit him up for any real questions this time... I'll do that on Day 3 next Saturday.

Travis Stoffs (left) was working the sound. He was on his toes all day (sometimes literally), keeping that microphone in really close but out of sight. He was using a portable Tascam DAT to capture sound. It was very interesting to see how he worked with Aaron Platt (the DP) to set syncs with the film.

Joseph Buevo (right) was working Slate and several other missions. It was fun to work on a film where slating was so important. Without people like Joseph, the film & audio would never match up. It's good to think about the crewmembers and the contributions of everyone who works off-camera.

_______

05.jpg

Vito Trabucco is about to get flattened. Well, not really.

He is the Director here, and is setting up the shot where Itchy and Lobo zip up in their car and screech to a halt.

He was constantly talking to the DP to coordinate how to capture what he wanted to have shown. I don't have a good closeup of him... he was constantly moving, turning, twisting and facing the wrong way. He's a busy guy!

Last edited:
10.jpg

The Director, Vito Trabucco, had this video-assist glued to his face when he wasn't pointing in twenty directions and finaggling variations of shots he wanted.

Maybe someday in the future I will be able to get a clear picture of his mug, but I'll probably have to reserve an appointment in advance to ensure it. Never stopped going. He's a freakin' Energiser Bunny.

_______

11.jpg

Shelby McIntyre doesn't take kindly to flashbulbs going off in his face... at least when getting into character as "Lon", a nod to a certain Lon Chaney Jr film from decades past.

Shelby was in Orange County for the weekend as well, and flew back to Florida a few hours after the takes were completed. He described his character as a "drunk 'gator wrangler". I imagine he is not too good at, having only one hand.

He is an Other Side Associate, who keeps the OSC roots alive on the far side of this country.

Last edited:
Poor thing. She looked kind of parched. You should have gotten her a nice pitcher of water and not have accidently tripped with it.

Cool stuff Zen.

More cool piccies to come, on Saturday.

I'll be made up as a
smiley_zombie.gif

I'd better practise my lines. I keep forgetting. Was it "Uuuurghhh" or "Arrrghhhhh" ?

Back