Looking for Screenwriting Partner

(I didn't quite know where to put this thread, but I leaned more heavily to the screenwriting section. Apologies if this needs to be moved.)

Not to sound pretentious, but I've recently realized that I'm more of a visionary director than a screenwriter. See, I like to create film adaptations of pre-existing franchises (for reasons based on principle and potential profit), but at this point, it's just a slow-going recreational activity since there's no one else to actually help make them at the level of the perfectionist quality I'm stuck to.

However, the writing is something that can be done before anything else. My strengths when coming up with films are visual styles, character/set designs, and action sequences, while everything else is quite difficult, especially a coherent story. So, I need someone who can balance out my shortcomings while I can balance out theirs.

I'd prefer it if we had similar tastes in movies when it comes to the person I'm looking for so we can agree on how things should be. Just to be clear, I would be the one in charge of the story and pretty much everything that happens, although I am open to change.

You must first fit these requirements:

- You have to be at fifteen years of age or older
- You must like superhero, fantasy, and sci-fi genres, as well as the big-budget, bloated action that takes place within them
- You must be able to properly write and format a screenplay, as well as know more than the basics of plot structure, story rules, character archetypes, etc.
- You should probably be easy-going so there won't be a lot of arguments when I tell you I don't like something, which I guarantee will happen
- Don't get easily offended; I'm a bit of a "potty-mouth" and a lover of dumb, raunchy, and relatively dark comedy

If you fulfill all of these requirements, please reply to this thread and we'll go from there. Thanks for your time.

The way I read this is that you're looking to hire someone to write a screenplay to your specifications, which is fine. But you don't want to pay them anything, correct? That's not fine, in my opinion.

The way I read this is that you're looking to hire someone to write a screenplay to your specifications, which is fine. But you don't want to pay them anything, correct? That's not fine, in my opinion.

Yeah, it's like those notices for "opportunities" from International Screenwriters Association (ISA). Someone has a fantastic idea for a movie, and they want you to write a script based on their idea and, in return, you get a fabulous 50% of the profit if anybody decides to invest in it.

If you find a writer that's wonderful. If you don't, you might want to rethink this.
I'm a writer who often does "work fo hire" - I write what I'm hired to write. I enjoy
the challenge. But this is not a screenwriting partner.

Screenwriting partner is co-writing. This is, director that needs script. Good luck.

Back