• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Area 51 Entertainment for Sale

Oh, wait!
I have $4M right now!

Can I still buy Area 51 Entertainment, or is this thread really closed?

The internet boom was 15 years ago when you could just make up stuff and anyone would bite.
nasdaq-bubble.gif

C'mon, McC. Gotta try a little harder these days.

GL ;)

Challenges are very difficult aren't they?

Holding your temper on a message board seems to be
difficult, too.

Having a realistic view of your company and its assets
is essential to good business. Sometimes people get so
emotionally attached they can't see the overall picture.
You seem to have run fill tilt into that emotional hole
where you can't see where you are. Before you deleted
your posts you were making a lot of excuses why you
CAN'T rather than realistically looking at how you CAN.
Telling people to "fuck off" does not show you as a
serious business person. Especially on a message board.
You need to learn to take it and respond with professional
courtesy no matter what others write on a message
board. You set yourself up for message board mocking
when you reply with emotion, excuses and profanity. It's
sad that not much has changed in the years I've known
you. You seem to fall back on painting yourself as a victim.
Might be personally comfortable but that's poor business.

By the way (not that this matters) but one of my jobs (when
I work as a stagehand) is 2.5 miles away and I walk there.
Using 1.5 miles as an excuse is kind of foolish and you got
called on it. I bet you would walk three times that distance
to get to a film set where you were the director. It's all about
perspective, isn't it?

I needed a good laugh. Especially since it decided to rain today which makes going out to take pictures kind of a pain in the ass. (I don't mind it so much but my DSLR is deathly allergic to water.)

What's funny is: if you look this guy up: he has a vimeo account with no videos, a youtube account with 3 horrible quality videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDRebel2112/videos

and has done nothing in the industry besides production assistant.

Honorable Mention: The production company apparently worth $3-5 million has never done a single production. It also says that it's quote: "The Leading Independent Film Company."

It has pages on indiegogo and crowdfunder where you can support it or donate money, though it doesn't have a single donation.

Go to this site: http://www.area51entertainment.co/

click on every single option available and it will say they currently have nothing in any category.

I have no doubt in my mind that this kid initially tried to rip people off via crowdfunder/indiegogo, and has now moved on to trying to find some stupid person to buy a company that makes nothing.

I have no doubt in my mind that this kid initially tried to rip people off via crowdfunder/indiegogo, and has now moved on to trying to find some stupid person to buy a company that makes nothing.
Not at all.

I've "known" Andrew for a few years now. His intentions are good
he just doesn't understand the difference between his dreams and
wishes and actual value. He abandons his fundraising attempts easily,
his goals are unrealistic, he refuses to listen to anyone and as you
can see he flies off the handle easily and abandons his posts, too.
But no way is he trying to rip people off.

What's funny is: if you look this guy up: he has a vimeo account with no videos, a youtube account with 3 horrible quality videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDRebel2112/videos

I agree they're horrible, but that's the best I can do with the bullshit equipment I have... No mic, piece of shit SD camera, pinnacle studio to edit with, no filters, no matte box, no lights, no bounce cards; I had a piece of shit camera and a tripod and none paid actors (of which only 2 of them are actually actors). I think the total budget on those three videos was like $800 bucks if you include the camera, absolutely $0 if you don't include the camera. Also, by the way those were shot when I was 14 (so 10 years ago), and, at the time, I had just went into the film program at my high school; they were class projects for a history class.

So honestly with those things in mind, break down the videos, and tell me what's wrong with them... nobody's ever been willing to break them down for me... they just tell me they suck; not very constructive.

I know the wind is unbearable, but we shot on the beach, because that's the only thing near by that looks like a desert, and we didn't have a boom mic with a zeppelin, because that's a $2500 package. The effects (both video and audio) were crap (the ones I could do), there's other shots with effects missing, because I didn't have the budget to actually do them... and as a result the story line is a little incomplete/confusing.

Also don't know if you could tell but that "microphone" the "news reporter" is using is actually a wireless home phone.

So those were very much a best I can do with the resources I have...

Honestly I'd like to re-do the UFO short, but to do that right I'm looking at close to $10,000 for a better camera, lights, microphone/zeppelin, bounce board/card, better actors, and post effects (which is the big cost). I tried to crowd fund a re-make, and I only raised $20 and that's after I spent $100 to advertise on FilmSlate Magazine's twitter feed for a month. I might be able to pull off a remake for cheaper if people were actually willing to donate their time and equipment, but I've not found anybody willing to do that.

Last edited:
I agree they're horrible, but that's the best I can do with the bullshit equipment I have... No mic, piece of shit SD camera, pinnacle studio to edit with, no filters, no matte box, no lights, no bounce cards; I had a piece of shit camera and a tripod and none paid actors (of which only 2 of them are actually actors).
See what I mean? Excuses.

The equipment isn’t what makes those movies horrible. We have all
seen (and many of us have made) excellent short films with low end
equipment and unpaid, amateur actors. And for less than $800. Money
and equipment isn’t what makes a good short film - talent is. And
making excuses isn't what makes you a better filmmaker.

So honestly with those things in mind, break down the videos, and tell me what's wrong with them... nobody's ever been willing to break them down for me... they just tell me they suck; not very constructive.
I know that if I took the time to break down the movies for you and
offer constructive criticism you would just make excuses. And honestly,
it’s YOU who need to break down what’s wrong with your movies and
improve and it’s NOT the amount of money you spend or the equipment.
You will never get better if you keep telling yourself that you can't make
a movie without $10,000 in equipment. If you have any talent you
should make movies with what you have. No excuses.

Over the next six months make three excellent short films with the
limited equipment resources you have. Prove that you can overcome
limitations and still make good movies. Are you up to it?

Wanna see the movie I made when I was 16? Bottom of the line super 8
camera (yes it was film but this was made during the VHS stage of video),
a POS tripod, a wheelchair for a dolly, a Radio Shack mic ($12), a broom
for the boom pole, non paid actors (of which none of them were actually
actors) and made for $400 - $0 for the crew and actors, my mom paid
for and prepared lunch. No excuses, just the very best I could do at that
age with what I had.

Back