Mounting DSLR to Glidecam

Hi guys

Not long ago I got a Glidecam, however, I haven't really been using it yet. I bought it from a site like eBay, so I don't have the manual with me.

I just got a very simple question: What do you use to connect the DSLR to the glidecam? I mean literally the plate that connects the DSLR and holds it still. I've tried a screw but it doesn't seem to hold onto the DSLR no matter how much I tighten it.

Keep in mind this is not a question of balancing the DSLR, I know there are plenty videos about that out there. But none of the videos seem to explain what sort of equipment and how you connect your DSLR with the topplate of the Glidecam! I've a Canon t2i and glidecam hd2000.

Thx in advance guys, hope you understand my question!

Last edited:
I bought a Manfrotto quick release mount and plate on Amazon for $50. Then I can remove the camera from my shoulder rig or tripod and just snap it onto a prebalanced Glidecam.

What I have noticed after using the manfrotto quick release plate, is that it tends to loosen up after using the Glidecam for a bit. Once again, I bought the Glidecam used, so I might not have the right setup. Im just curious, how exactly do people mount the Manfrotto quick release plate itself onto the top of the Glidecam step by step? Do you have to use a certain kind of screw or something?

What I have noticed after using the manfrotto quick release plate, is that it tends to loosen up after using the Glidecam for a bit. Once again, I bought the Glidecam used, so I might not have the right setup. Im just curious, how exactly do people mount the Manfrotto quick release plate itself onto the top of the Glidecam step by step? Do you have to use a certain kind of screw or something?

If the quick release base isn't holding, try connecting it at a second point (two 1/4" screws should suffice for a DSLR setup). This will stop it from twisting under its own weight, causing the screw to loosen.

Back