Christopher Lee RIP

RIP. One of my favorites. 93 and still working hard! Couldn't pick a favorite role, but The Wicker Man and The Last Unicorn both hold a special place in my heart.

I first remember him for all of his vampire and other horror flicks from "earlier" in his career (50s - 70s). Always great for a matinee movie date.

christopher-lee-as-count-dracula1.jpg

I LOVE his voice.

So what I've been working on for the past month is a cover of Bauhaus' "Bela Lugosi's Dead" in honor of Sir Christopher Lee. You can hear it here: https://doorsinthelabyrinth.bandcamp.com/album/christopher-lee-is-dead in both the full 9:28 version (like the original song) or a shorter radio edit that I did. You can download both versions for $1 (it would have been free, but I did pay for the mechanical license for the cover. Actually went LEGIT on this one!)

I'm also working on a video using clips from his Dracula films for the shorter edit (that's why I did it) that I'll post when I'm done. And some folks I know are working on remixes of the song.

RIP, Sir Christopher.

I never did end up finishing the fan edit video I wanted to, but I did throw together a slideshow tribute with stills and promo shots of as many of his films as I could find. I didn't get all of them, but most of the big ones are covered. It's his birthday today, so a fine time to share, and rewatch the Wicker Man tonight. RIP

[Yt]SNmA-vqs8w8

Back