• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Idea for a short-film?

Hey, I am currently on vacation in Stockholm with a friend, and we really wanna do a short-film while we are here, we live next to a huge forest, so we would like the most of the film to take place there, as we are kinda shy and run away when there are people around (a problem we are trying to overcome), but there is not a lot of people around here so we CAN film here in the streets as well.

But the biggest problem is to get an IDEA, a script. We can not come up with one! Have tried searching on google for some scripts to use.. couldn't find anything useful.

So I ask you, any ideas?

Thanks,
Nicolai

Are the Stockholm forests particularly MUCH more interesting or magical than any other temperate forest pretty much anywhere?

If so, fine.

Go to the local party supply or toy store, buy a bag of little plastic toy animals.
Go back to the huge "magical forest and set the little toys periodically along a path or trail.
Flip a coin for who's going to be DP and who's going to be the "Lead Investigator of Gnome Quest!"
Document the fool... I mean "Lead Investigator" exploring the forest where he or she finds everything else EXCEPT the [expletive] gnomes reported to live there.
Of course the miniture animals give silly directions to where they think the gnomes live, but those directions just lead to another animal.

:)

And if you don't like that, take the little plastic animals to the local playground, when no one is looking go put one or two of them out on the playground equipment, go back to your seat and discretely document the little kids finding the toys.

Last edited:
Back