• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Anyone ever use fivesprockets to write a script?

Playing around with this site now, but so far it appears to be like google docs for screenwriters. You can work on your script from any computer that can access the web. Throughout the day I jump back and forth between 3 computers so this looks like a great way to be able to write wherever I am. Gone are the days of me constantly emailing drafts of my script to myself just so I'd have the most current draft saved in my yahoo inbox.

Looks like it's free too.

I'll probably start using it as my primary writing software at least until google docs becomes more screenwriter-friendly.

Never seen it mentioned on this site so I thought I'd share.

edit: In browsing the forum on that site, I've learned that a few people have had their script just vanish from that site, so if you do choose to try it out make sure you save a back up elsewhere. Maybe I'll let them work the bugs out before I start using it.

Last edited:
I used Adobe's on-line script writer. (story.adobe.com) It was free from last year, but now they want to charge for it. It's NOT worth the money. They will never get anywhere with that servide in my opinion. The program had it's share of bugs and not very intuitive, but once you get the hang of it it's OK.

I have all the script writing software but I like Celtx the best. If am not mistaken they also have an on-line option.

Back