• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Inside The Bunker

This is the first of four promotional videos for my new web series, Inside The Bunker. This promo features The Girl With The Guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOvJAb3M6c

The composition is great but the sound is very bad. You should get an external microphone as soon as you can! (eg. zoom-h1)

2d2.jpg

Needs better sound, otherwise seems interesting.

Last edited:
The sound is atrocious. It's excessively roomy, and the "underwater" sounding artifacts (from noise reduction?) make it that much worse.

C'mon Lucky, you've been hearing me preach about getting solid sound for years!!!! WTF happened?

Left_thumbs_down.jpg

First impression is the low production value. echoey sound as everyone said, and that cord plugged in on the right makes it feel like lower production value too. bricks are overexposed on the left

Story wise, I'm coming away with little to no idea what your web series is about or who your target market is. Her delivery seemed purposefully unnatural and i'm not sure what to make of it.

I know that the audio sucks balls. Premiere Pro (CS5.5) and Final Cut Pro X won't import the video so I can't use either of those. I ended up using iMovie to edit and I was running out of time before I had to be at work so I just used the crappy in camera audio instead of the audio captured with the Sennheiser wireless lav system and DR100 mkII. Once I figure out how to replace audio in iMovie, I will fix the edit and replace it. I made a commitment to begin uploading before the end of the first week in December, so I just went with what I could bodge together. No excuses here, i just wanted to get something uploaded rather than griping about why I haven't. Oddly, the video is doing rather well on Vimeo. As far as who my target market is, see my Web Series Development thread in the PreProduction forum. Thank-you all for your critiques.

Back