free shortfilm scripts

hello. I am thinking about making a shortfilm. but I am having a hard time coming up with the ideas.. so I thought maybe there is somewhere you can get a free script and film it. :)

or do you guys have anny ideas?

I want to use the snow - (right now it is snowing here)
but i don't know what will happen in it..
and I am planning to film the fireworks on new years eve (if I can use it, but if not then I will have the footage for another movie)

I am almost only myself to make this;)

because I live in Denmark and i think most of my friends don't want to talk english in the movie...:-(
but I would like it to be in english.... :)

so it's ok if the people aren't talking so much in the film.
that will also help for the movie to be more "speaking for itself"

I would like it to be either a drama or a comedy..:) maybe also a bit action.. hmm. but I don't know..

Hi fiffe.

I think you shouldn't worry too much about getting an amazing script or having the best actors, the most important thing to do is to go out and make something! This doesn't necessarily have to be a narrative based film, it could be experimental, even a documentary or spoof documentary. When you become more confident with the process of making less narrative intense films you will develop ideas into stories and become more confident.

When trying to think of an idea its best to stay away from sitting in front of a white sheet of paper or staring at an empty text file, this will get you nowhere and you will become more and more frustrated. The best inspiration for your films is your own life, think about past events that have happened in your life and base a story around them.

Remember, don't be overambitious. A simple story with just a few characters will be much easier to focus on than a complex one.

Good luck,
Aaron.

Back