My film Crowdfunder just went live

As for me, I'll be running a campaign soon on Indiegogo and hopefully can be a case study for Indietalk on the virtues of Facebook Ads.
I look forward to that.

Your example is not at all what I asked about. I understand that a
product can benefit from Facebook ads - the Ekster Wallet guys sold
a tangible product and their minimum was $99. I understand that a
movie project with names can benefit from Facebook ads. I was
specific; a movie project with no names running an ad of Facebook.
There isn't a actual product, there is only the hopes and dreams of
a passionate filmmaker with (usually) little to no previous track
record. I'm curious if a $3 Facebook ad can inspire 1,000 people to
donate 10 to 25 to that kind of campaign.

Hi guys, sorry I've not been replying. Theres some really good insight! So yeah, most people have been 10 and 20's.Had a few more 100's but yes, they are family. Two other 100's have been from strangers to me, but known to others involved in the project.

I didn't run the ads, (mainly as I haven't had chance) and my friend (if you read Den of Geek and read their top British Kick starter projects) who is making 'Ctrl Z' ran two little FB campaigns and got zilch. At this point I'm fine dropping a couple of quid see what happens.

:) Thanks for the positive vibes too, Rik :)

Hi guys! Thanks very much! I wanted to do a big announce but my weekend stopped me. Bloody family reunions ;)

So I'm massively chuffed I have to say, and for a couple of hours definitely strutted more. Then I realised we shoot this weekend. No strutting now. Just panic.

A question though, I need a stunt hypodermic needle. Now I've contacted bloodythings and filmmedical, but on the off chance they don't have anything, does anyone have any advice on a prop like that? My initial thoughts are getting some real ones and having one that can be used to draw liquid into it, and one that is blunt that can be used near an arm and cut away before it touches the skin.

Any help would be amazing :)

And thanks again for your support guys :) :)

Back