tv IGTV (Instagram TV)

So Instagram announced today their attempt at YouTubes pie with IGTV. As a filmmaker I've always had a hard time with vertical video - but that's the way Instagram wants to play! What do you guys think?

IG obviously has a huge user based to tap into for an audience. I suspect vlogging style videos will do well there but I wonder what kind of narrative storytelling is going to start popping up. I fought the good fight but today I let it all go and shot vertical video... and I don't feel bad about it.

I'm sure 95% of what I shoot will still be with a wide aspect ratio but I look forward to what comes with the new platform/audience.

Not sure if this link will work properly without the IGTV app. https://www.instagram.com/tv/BkSG9DIhK29/

I never got into instagram because it won't let me upload quality photographs from my computer.
I'd have to take a photo, transfer to computer, transfer to phone, then upload.

No thx.

And now vertical video? ugh lol I am most definitely not the target market

This is one of the smartest moves I've seen in a long time. Why did nobody capitalize on the vertical video before? The wrong way to hold your phone, BUT the way most millennials hold it (most everyone actually). SMART! Now it is not wrong, now it is an accepted format with a home. Boom.

Back