• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Voodoo Children: Ready For Launch! By Spinner

Well, finally after all this time, my website is actually ready.

First, thanks to Boz Uriel, for his time and effort in bringing it together, and thanks to Eddie Leonardo, MediaHero, and knightly for their thoughts and comments on it as well. I didn't stop and redo the site because of the suggestions necessarily, but I thought the advice was good and I did consider it all.

The thing that was most important to me was that the site be simple, that the information be conversational. I really didn't want anything to be too academic or 'user manual-ish'. I think I have some good 'learn as you go' information that can be used by people who are new filmmakers, like I am, or who aren't filmmakers at all. I also want it to be an easy read. I hope I have done that and I hope the information is useful. The site is unconventional, but I think it is user friendly and I hope fun to go through because that is what important as well.

I am expecting, some of those visiting the site will not necessarily be filmmakers, but people I will be reconnecting with in terms of the project. Over the time since my October shoot, real life has interfered with my production and still is. But I hope they will remember me and my project and still be interested in it.

This is an accounting of the my October shoot of last year. It is an accounting of last two years of my filmatic quest. The Silver Atlas short should be added and hopefully up by Monday.The 48 hour film challenge is already there. I hope to be adding other projects as well. I intend to re-contact my subjects beginning Monday, so if there are any comments you may want to make, I have until then before I go once again headlong into the breach.

Now, the important thing is for me to breathe new life into the project and get it to take off again. It is sometimes difficult to re-gain momentum, but I am going to take a flying leap off this cliff and hope maybe I'll sprout wings onthe way down.

I look forward to your suggestions, comments, horrified stares

Here's the site:

www.voodoochildrenfilm.org I'm so excited! :D

-- spinner :cool:

Nice site, spinner! Did I read in your impressions about a mod for the DVX100a that brought it to HD quality? Do you have a link?

Spatula said:
Nice site, spinner! Did I read in your impressions about a mod for the DVX100a that brought it to HD quality? Do you have a link?

...not from me you didn't...:)

-- spinner :cool:

Back