Any festivals I might have a chance?

Hey .

Since I first started the whole filmmaking journey I really wanted to participate in a film festival .However I've always looked at these amazing short films and I just thought to myself that I just can't stand a chance .

But I've seen a lot of not very good short films which still have awards and get their films screened .

Do you guys know any amateur film festivals that I might have a chance to get my film screened ? I know of absolutely zero festivals . They need to be international since there are no local or national ones here .

My upcoming short film which would be about 8 minutes long will be done in a couple of weeks and I would love to give it a shot .

Thanks .

I'd suggest you improve the quality of your films rather than lower your festival standards. I'm thinking the 8 minute length may hurt your chances a bit. Use google to find festivals -- there are likely thousands.

Good luck.

Withoutabox.com is the largest single place to find festivals - they have stuff there at all levels and I'm sure you could find something that would be a good match.

Dude, film festival screeners are fickle, and they are prone to make really odd choices. It's all personal taste, some will like it and some won't.

In my opinion, this movie is very much festival-quality, and when you have something that is fully scripted and planned-out (instead of just being a lighting test), I expect there would be plenty of festivals who'd want to include your work.

And just to echo IDOM, WAB is your best source of fests.

Good luck! :)

Back