Please rate my essay?

Hey!
This is totally off the topic,but as a part of my GRE prep, I just finished an essay analyzing an issue.Please rate this essay critically out (0-6).Also,if possible,please let me know what makes you think this essay is not worthy of a higher score.Thanks a lot.
TOPIC:
Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development.

essay:

I believe Governments should not place any major restrictions on scientific research.
Scientists, basically are assiduous,highly intellectual people ,vehemently passionate about researching for the benefit of mankind.It takes a lot of skill,experience to be able to perform scientific experiments.Restricting such diligent group from being able to research without any restrictions is not an apposite act which questions the integrity of Scientists.It increments the already piled up pressure on the Scientific team.
Experimenting is a creative scientific process.Nobody but the group of scientists performing it can value of importance of a certain resource pertinent to the experiment.Tethering the resources available for Scientists on basis of Government restrictions and regulations definetly effects their research and potential development.Major investors who backed the project financially could face great losses if the results donot turn out the way it was projected.As a result,it could harm the economy of the nation.
But in a situation where experimenting on a particular field could effect sentiments of its citizens,the Government should put forth the restrictions on the researching group.There could be many alternatives ,like conducting it in a different country with the same team.Safety is also a very important aspect to look after.Unless Scientists can justify the safety of their experiment,Government should take steps to carry the project in a safe environment.

Back