Single Location Discussion Movie

Hi all,
I need advice about the first feature film that I'm currently planning to shoot. It is a single location movie. It starts like a thriller. Almost everybody liked the beginning. But then it becomes like a discussion movie like Sunset Limited. Do you believe it is a problem? I have interrupted long dialogues with small actions like smoking or escape attempts from the room. I'm a little confused about discussion movies because there are some people claiming that it is uncinematic. But I can't imagine a single location movie with equal dialogues and action. It could be possible if it was on a house, but not possible if there is only 1 single room. I appreciate if you can tell me your opinion about this.
Thank you.

What's the demographic of this film's target audience?
%Male
%Female
%Under 25yo
%Over 25yo

20120213FilmDemographicQuadrants.png

What would you say the genre is? Thriller Drama?
How much thriller? How much talkie?

What are some commercially successful films that it's kinda like?

Yeah, the talkie aspect reminded me of another EHawke film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381681/?ref_=sr_3 (I like this one, as well.)

While technically commercially successful it kinda... didn't have a wide appeal.
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=beforesunset.htm

Thus - a reiteration of my standard producer-oriented rant: Revenue is unknown but guessable within a range, while expenses (including both production and marketing) are definitely controllable and should be LESS than HALF the expected revenue.

Almost everybody liked the beginning. But then

The underlined is a problem if the general response you are getting is that the beginning is great but then yes, you have a problem. Are the people reading your script a good representative of your target audience? If so, then they are letting you know you have a huge problem. If not, then I would highly suggest getting feedback on the script from someone (better yet, a couple "someones") who are a good representation of your target audience.

Back