• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My First short film "Halloween Night"

I finally got around to shooting my first film a few months back, a micro short titled "Halloween Night". I had a problem with the audio when i uploaded to youtube, for some reason you can only hear the dialogue when watched on a computer, on a phone unless you have headphones, you can't hear the dialogue, anyways, let me know your thoughts, criticism is welcome!

http://youtu.be/3NBMK_2Nz2M

There's a few things:

The shot of the woman at the beginning where she answers her phone was out of focus for a moment as she answered.

The camera is a bit too shaky.

The dialogue is almost unnecessary.

Overall for a first short film it's a great effort though. Just needed a bit more suspense and tension. Keep at it, the more you do, the better you get :)

The shutter speed is high in some shots, which makes the camera shake more obvious. I think camera shake looks smoother at lower shutter speeds, but that is just my opinion. It goes out of focus a lot, but that will come with practice :). I also thought that the villain's weapon was kind of cheesy, because, well, it's not a very practical weapon for killing someone with. Perhaps just a normal combat knife would have been scarier. Overall, good effort as well, for a first short :).

Last edited:
The shutter speed is high in some shots, which makes the camera shake more obvious. I think camera shake looks smoother at lower shutter speeds, but that is just my opinion.

I've used a high shutter speed when all I had available to me was handheld. It helps in post if you're trying to use the warp stabilizer...if you have a lower shutter speed you can get unintentional motion blur from shakiness that will look like crap after it's stabilized. but that's just one technique. probably not used here intentionally. but yeah, i agree with what everybody else has said. keep creating!

Back