Yet another gear recommendation request...

Hi everyone,

I'm well aware this type of questions has been asked quite a few times but as everyone who asked expect something different from their gear I didn't found my answer on other threads. So here I am:

Until now I had a Nikon d5000 then a d7000. Two mid-range (one more than the other...) camera that served me well in my travels. I'm now back home and now don't take much pictures, shoot videos for Youtube and own an hexacopter.*
I'm disappointed with the quality of the d7000 on video and would like to change my gear with the idea of being able to have reasonably light cine package that I would put on my drone.

What's "important" (I like when people say I "Need" 4k when they really just wants it^^)

-sharpness

-dynamic range (I'm not a freak of pixel hunting I'm talking of overall image in common case scenario, I don't plan on doing video at night for say)

-smoothness of motion (not seeing ghosting of the first frame in the second on moving object)

-No cropping of the sensor for video (is it called oversampling? I'm pretty confused on the meaning of it being new to the video side of my dslr)

-Mirrorless for weight and space saving (Even if I'm not dead on sure on that, if I can get the same result off half the price dslr I'm fine to change plans)

-a flip up or better a flip on the side screen would be nice but definitly the last thing I'd consider on my choice of a camera, it would just be more practical but I can use a remote view of my camera on my phone if no screen flip available.

What's not important:

-brand

-aps-c vs m43 vs full frame as long as the video is great, I'd be much better off with a m43 not cropping for video than with a full frame that does.

-ergonomics and menu, I don't mind taking more time to set up my scene as i'm not shooting video "on-the-go"*

-looks (a pretty obvious one for me ^^)

All of this said it only misses the budget I have. I don't have an enormous budget but neither do I have an enormous expectation (no red 8k for me... :'( ...) I plan on selling my actual camera and lenses and add a bit on top of that which would equate to 900€ max.

At this price I look for used camera and 2 prime lenses a wide pancake for aerial video and probably a light zoom like a 20-50 but lenses are not the subject of my asking I'll find what I need for lenses I'm not too lost for this part but just keep in mind that on the 900€ some would have to be saved for lenses.

... I guess I said everything needed...

Anyhow thank you all for your consideration and help!

Simon

Back