Where to watch foreign films?

As I live in Bristol, there's really nowhere I can watch foreign films in terms of going to a cinema to watch them.
And I'd love to watch new foreign films for the oscar's this year.

So I really have two questions:

Where can I actually learn what foreign films are coming out as I never can? (oh, and unrelated, what good foreign films have come out this year?)

And where can I watch foreign films? Is the only option going to be watching them online?

I go here for news in Asian cinema (since that's 90% of what I watch nowadays) http://www.loveasianfilm.com/

If you want some suggestions for foreign films, I can recommend some amazing movies.

China: The Killer
Hard-Boiled
A Better Tomorrow
Any movie with Donnie Yen

Japan: Battle Royale

Korea: The Man From Nowhere
Oldboy

Europe: Bronson

As far as being able to see them, Netflix has most of them, some on instant stream, some through DVD rental, so you don't have to download or watch on your computer. If you have a local Flea Market, there might be a foreign movie import salesperson, there is a few by me which is a gift from god. Other than that, you're stuck to the computer.

Last edited:
Thanks :). I'm looking for stuff on cinema from all around the world as well as Asian (so European and stuff)

I've seen most of those films actually ^^. I'm actually also interested in films coming out this year so I can weigh in on my thoughts for the oscars. Plus it'd just be nice to see more foreign movies :)

How should we know where a guy from Bristol could watch foreign films in the cinema?!

What you should do, my friend, is to ask the British minister of Culture. :)
You're a citizen and you've got the right to choose what happens in your homeland.
It's not like the Government can tell you what you can watch, innit? ;)

I'll look into festivals when I have a chance but this year I'm gonna be focusing too much on exams and university to be able to go to any unfortunately.

Back