• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Quiet Darkness

Instead of hijacking Will's thread, I thought I'd post a new one. :)

I linked to my film in the 13-Day Horror Film thread but didn't get any response so here it is embedded in hopes more people watch it. This is the high resolution version requiring QT7 and it's 46MB so it might take a minute to start playing. An alternate version (non-QT) is available on our MySpace page.

[QT]http://www.rpmfilms.com/RPM%20FILMS/QD_Movie_files/QD_Widescreen.mov[/QT]

I really liked the story, and I thought the actress did a great job carrying the movie with the solo performance. Overall I thought everything was well done -- edits, sound/music, visuals.

The ending was pretty cool, too ;)

I liked the effect the picture going black and white every so often, how did you achieve this effect?
And the actress did a great job, especially if it were all in one take!? Like the ending aswell.

I've worked with the actress once before on Dead in the Water. As for the statc effect it was a plug-in I have for Final Cut Pro. Just had to go in and decide on how slow or quick it came and went.

Holy Crap!

Today the awards were announced for the Halloween Horror 13-Day Challenge. As I've already mentioned The Quiet Darkness was an official selection of the festival (i.e. was in the top ten films screened) . As if that wasn't enough of a pat on the back we took home three other awards:

Best Actress (Alissa Bailey)
Best Screenplay
Best Special Effects

I'm beaming, I know.

If you want to check out all the films submitted you can at Film Club UK.

I think they have to...the IMDB requires that pieces be proven to have shown somewhere with an audience. This is especially true for first timers there. Getting in (the traditional way - by making films to be screened in festivals and comps) is the hard part...the rest is less dificult.

The Quiet Darkness to Air in UK

I just received word that my short film "The Quiet Darkness" will begin airing on UK's Propeller TV (part of Sky Channel 195) Saturday, January 26, 2008 around 11:30 p.m. It will be shown for the next five weeks.

While I submitted "The Bottom Down" I have yet to receive any confirmation on this short. It was pretty controversial when it was screened at a festival last November so if it doesn't end up on television I won't be surprised.

So if you're in the UK and have time check it out.

Congrats! Did they ever get you into the IMDB for that competition? They've gone silent on my for the past year I've been trying to get hold of them.

Congrats! Did they ever get you into the IMDB for that competition? They've gone silent on my for the past year I've been trying to get hold of them.

Not sure why they're not getting back to you. They're pretty good about responding to me. As to your question we are listed on IMDB but I added it myself. I would suggest submitting it yourself with as much info. with direct links to the competition site. That should be enough to get you in.

Back