Member of the Month and Gift Subscriptions

chilipie

Pro Member
indiePRO
My suggestion was only going to be about member of the month, but gift subscriptions seemed to tie in nicely too. I was mainly wondering if the award was ever going to return (I think the last one was April 2010) as there are more than a few users who I think have deserved it for their genuinely helpful and positive posts. If the answer tuns out to be no, this leads me swiftly to my next point…

…is there any chance there could be a gift subscription feature set up? It's available on another forum I use as a paid subscriber, and it was a great way of rewarding people who otherwise wouldn't have been able to use the premiere areas - particularly younger users without access to PayPal or credit/debit cards. Being able to do it anonymously and perhaps with options for three and/or six months would probably make people more likely to use it, and people who are given subscriptions may end up extending it with their own money, which is great for the site as a whole.

Just a few thoughts!

Good suggestions, Ollie.

Another idea that goes along with your "Gift Subscription", would be that it is readily available as a "Trial period" for say a two month stretch, after said number of posts e.g 100, 200 etc. This would not only encourage newer members to stay, but to post more frequently.

Good suggestions, Ollie.

Another idea that goes along with your "Gift Subscription", would be that it is readily available as a "Trial period" for say a two month stretch, after said number of posts e.g 100, 200 etc. This would not only encourage newer members to stay, but to post more frequently.

NOW THEY ALL KNOW MY NAME! :grumpy: I jest, I jest.

I do quite like the idea of a free trial period, but in my (limited) experience, anything that encourages people to reach a certain post count often ends up in lots of spammy filler posts, and it's partly the absence of these that makes IndieTalk such a pleasure to use.

NOW THEY ALL KNOW MY NAME! :grumpy: I jest, I jest.

I do quite like the idea of a free trial period, but in my (limited) experience, anything that encourages people to reach a certain post count often ends up in lots of spammy filler posts, and it's partly the absence of these that makes IndieTalk such a pleasure to use.

That was my immediate thought, two-hundred "Welcome posts" from aged threads.

IT is swell at it is, the trial period may well just encourage people to take on the "Premiere membership". But either way, IT always thrives.

Nobody better go revealing my name :weird:

But I would be inclined to say, with regard to the trial membership, if it ain't broke, don't fix. I don't think (but I don't really know) that IT has a problem with not enough people buying the premiere membership, so unless that's the case I wouldn't think that something that could promote spamming is worthwhile.

I like the gift membership idea though. And also the idea of having shorter Premiere membership periods so that people can try it out...

Back