• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Bullet Riddled Atheist and the Man Upstairs

A Bullet Riddled Atheist and the Man Upstairs is the second short film from my Olympia WA based independent film company Mutually Assured Productions. This is the story of two dying men having a theological discussion, whilst uncovering the mysterious details that lead them to be dying together in this pulp noir meets spaghetti western. Please check it out, i'd be delighted to hear your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzx0yuG5YSQ

I liked it. I was disappointed in the arguments both presented. Plus I think an opportunity to add a little ironic humor was missed.

For example, the dick could have presented an argument begining with Aristotelian first causes, followed by Aurelius Augustine's creation, and the natural theology of Thomas Aquinas. Then he could mention Pascal's Gambit.

And the atheist could have responded with Bertrand Russell's Why I am not a Christian, Hume's agnosticism, Nietzsche' secular existentialism. But then, he thinks about it and goes with Pascal's Gambit.

Both of these arguments give opportunity for witty banter, and the Pascal thing at the end provides humor. But then again, that doesn't really go with spaghetti western noir, does it.:) nevermind.

Thanks Murdock! I agree the depth of the conversation was a bit on the shallow end. We know that conversation can go on for many hours. I didn't write the piece, though I did help shore up the script a bit. The christian side of the argument was a bit lacking, being written by a lifelong atheist. Since I was raised christian, I wanted the christian character to be a bit more empathetic than in the original draft. I also wanted him to speak in such a way that christians wouldn't scoff at his lingo. The original ending had the christian character begging for his life. I had to change that, as I wanted neither character to waiver in their beliefs. Thanks for watching!

Back