• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Sonnyboo Intern 2 : THE WRATH OF KHAN

http://peterjohnross.com/modules/news/article.224.cache.html

richardhatch.jpg

Is he on board for your film?

That was mad funny. Now I'm going to check out the first one.

We're at 4 now, each one is about a minute or under. Thanks!

Hey sonnyboo can you share a bit more about the set you'll be building? Not necessarily the details of the design specs (that would be nice but that's behind the scenes type stuff, right?) but more so the process behind it and the type of people you have working on it. Is it on a stage or on site somewhere? I can only imagine how expensive that undertaking might be but the control gained has to be worth every penny. Good luck on the feature and looking forward to the intern adventures.

We aren't shooting until April or May, so no plan is absolute yet, but we can build this particular set (a police interrogation room) in our studio, or one of the bigger soundstages. The reason to do this, is

a. Control, we would have control over sound and the usage and when we could do it. A real police station is harder to get anything like control over and the time to shoot there would be limited.

b. Shots, we can use flyaway walls, and get all kinds of shots that may not be even possible in a real location (because their walls are not movable). This doesn't even take into account the complete and total control over the lighting which we can create from scratch.

c. Cost, it doesn't cost that much to make 4 dry walls, including one with a 2-way mirror. At least a really good art director can tell you. I had a great experience making a padded cell set for my short film REFRACTORY, which we put in the middle of a kitchen set in our studio (and the kitchen set is now gone thankfully).

Is he on board for your film?

Not yet. I just met the guy. I haven't even put an offer on the table yet. We're still fund raising, so until I have money in the bank, I have no reason to make a bid.

I thoroughly enjoyed our interview with him and it might be on the web in a month or so.

Back