• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Parody Commercial.

I recently put together a parody of a Mr. Clean Commercial and was wondering what you guys think.

I'm more looking for opinions on if it is edited okay, or looks amateur. In a nutshell? If the entire thing looks okay or is amateur. The joke (It is a parody) is of no real concern to me.

Anyhow. Looks forward to some thoughts.

On a side note. It has scan lines in it and seems a little squished. I think it's their upload player because my original does not.

http://www.atom.com/funny_videos/3EFBFFFF0201682F0017011BE3FE/

Hey. Thanks.
It seems the spur of the moment stuff always turns out better than the planned stuff. This one went from written to done in under an hour. And it seems it is one of my best ones. Go figure. Funny how that works. Thanks for the comment 'Jet'.

It wasn't until the second or third shot that I realized it was the two bottles who were talking. The very first shot just seems like a voiceover. I think you need some kind of visual cue to let the audience know that the bottles are talking (like moving them, the way you did later, or perhaps you anthropomorphize them somehow, give 'em eyes maybe).

I thought so as well. That's why I added the eyes at the very end. But it's a parody off the real commercial, which well... is almost exactly like mine starts so I never even thought of doing that.
I should watch the real commercial a few times and see how they got people to know it was the bottles. Maybe I missed something? Thanks for the comment.

I thought so as well. That's why I added the eyes at the very end. But it's a parody off the real commercial, which well... is almost exactly like mine starts so I never even thought of doing that.
I should watch the real commercial a few times and see how they got people to know it was the bottles. Maybe I missed something? Thanks for the comment.

It could be as simple as shaking the bottles when you want them to "talk". The timing of the cuts is a little off. A little too long here. A little too short there.

Thanks for the comment. I agree with you about a cut or two. It's also the upload itself for a spot or two though. There seems to be a lag (Along with the lines in the footage) that isn't there on the original.

But! That's why I'm here. Practice makes perfect and pointers make practice that much better. Thanks everyone.

I give it praise and I'll add more praise to the way you invited opinions to your work. As long as you learn from your films, you are a true filmmaker. Kudos, my friend. I even sent it to some other film friends. They enjoyed it also. Keep up the good work. I'll be looking for more good stuff from you.

Back