• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Innocence of War: Short WW2 Film

Now then fellas

This is my first time on this forum. So I thought I'd start out with a bang. Here's a WW2 film I shot back in January.

Still1resized.jpg

Let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03eqsoq37Yg

Cal

Ok, won't spoil it for everyone by revealing the twist :D

That was pretty good, production wise. There was too much handheld camera at the start it was kind of nauseating. But other than that (and the not-terribly-realistic guns) the production value was high. The problem was the sound and particularly how high the background/explosion sounds were compared with the dialogue. I could make out very little of what they were saying and whilst I am listening to this on my laptop, so are a lot of people who'll be watching the video...

Other than that and a slight lack of historical accuracy, this was pretty good work.

I'm not a fan of all the stuff that was clearly done in After Effects. It looks like cheap CGI. If you can't effectively do it practical, or if you're not a true CGI artist, I say don't do it.

Back