• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The National Film Challenge Is On!

Attention US Filmmakers!

The time is here again for the 3rd Annual National Film Challenge! The National Film Challenge www.filmchallenge.org is the latest cool filmmaking competition from the creators of the 48 Hour Film Project www.48hourfilm.com

Here are the details:

WHAT IS THE NATIONAL FILM CHALLENGE?

It's your chance to stop talking and start filming! The premise? Filmmaking teams have just one weekend to make a short film. All creativity - writing, shooting, editing and adding a musical soundtrack - must occur beginning Friday evening at 7 p.m. on October 21, 2005 and ending Monday October 24, 2005. On Friday, to make things interesting, each team is emailed a genre for its film, and a character, prop and line of dialogue that must appear in each team’s movie. Then the film must be sent to National Film Challenge Headquarters with a postmark no later than Monday, October 25. In the following weeks the top films (determined by a panel of judges) will be available for viewing (and voting!) on our website (www.filmchallenge.org). There will be two big winners this year – The Judges Winner and The Audience Award Winner (determined by the online voting.) Both films will screen with the 48 Hour Film Project City Winners at this year’s Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose, California. (www.cinequest.org) In addition there will be cash prizes for the winning films!

HOW DO I SIGN UP MY TEAM?

Starting THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2005 you will be able to register your team at www.filmchallenge.org. This is going to be the largest Film Challenge ever – 250 teams will be selected to compete this year! Registration is on a first come first served basis. The Early Bird Entry Fee is $110 if you register on or before September 20, 2005 and $125 if you register between September 21, 2005 and October 20, 2005. Teams can be anywhere from 1 person to 30 or more people. Read all of the rules of the contest here: www.filmchallenge.org/rules.htm

Do you have any questions about the National Film Challenge? Please check our FAQ and then use our Bulletin Board to post questions you need answered: www.filmchallenge.org/faq.htm

The National Film Challenge is being produced by KDHX, Community Media for Saint Louis, MO. www.kdhxtv.org and www.kdhx.org

Thanks,

Doug Whyte
National Film Challenge Producer

Wholley Schnikeys Batman!

Sounds awesome but $110!!! or $125!!! WOW :mope:

I checked out the site to see the heafty prizes but there are none listed.

Could you explain the prizes please? :D

Yea I saw that but just expected more. I mean winning that fest brings a lot of clout and exposure, but I've seen bigger payouts on $10 contests... Maybe I just don't understand.
It might have somehting to do with this overwhelming pressure in my head, mainly between the 2 ears, and the over bearing urge to purge whatever is in my stomach. I haven't been sick like this for a long time...

That tears it ZS. I am so sick of watching you beat yourself up. I'm making an appointment for you with my group leader Stuart Smalley.

Stuart Smalley!
smiley_pac.gif

_______

Back on track; I didn't know 48-hour peeps have been having an annual nationwide followup.

Very tempted. :cool:

Back