• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch not exactly a music video

here's another project i worked on while simultaneously working on "charge". my friend was writer/director/actor/editor and i was DP/colorist. it was really nice to have only one job on a set and perform at 100% instead of splitting up my efforts into five or six jobs.

anyway, here it is. AETERNUM

Hurm. Feels very trite. Was given no reason to connect with the character. First few shots look good, but it's nowhere near Charge. One comment about props, your ice looks soft. Ice can be tough to shoot, I've tried to use it as a prop in some of my photography and it melts so fast it often looks soft, especially up close. Buy prop ice; or here go without. Or maybe rocks would've worked better? Anyway, I gave up halfway into a 3 minute short, what's that say?

(Keep up the overall good work though! This was just a dud for me, that happens, right?)

Well done one completing.

Didn't buy into the character and the acting looked terrible. I just didn't buy it at all.

Otherwise, nice idea, nicely shot.

Technically, everything looked. As others have said, it did not connect.

I think the main reason behind this is that the story is all too familiar. We know this type of character well. It does not mean that one can not use this character; it just has to be done quickly. We can understand his situation in 10 seconds. The director should have introduced us to that, knowing we know the character already, and then moved on to something that would further the story or give us a fresh perspective on that character.

As I wrote on vimeo, the shots looked really nice so you did a great job!

I appreciate the honest and concise feedback. This is all great stuff I can relay to the writer/director/ex-actor :lol:

I have been working with him for the past 6 months on music videos and boring paid jobs, so I really encouraged him to write and direct his own film, so he could understand how much it actually takes to get things together and actually complete the project (and for him to finally understand that the film he sees in his head isn't always going to be the film that gets created, and even less the film that is perceived in the way the writer had fully intended). I made it a point to not manipulate his story or acting, as that was his job as director. Glad to hear the visuals were *okay*. We used daylight and a single daylight balanced tungsten bulb inside a china ball. Color grading was rushed, as we were on a deadline that was approaching at rapid speed.

Last edited:
Back