Need help before second film.

That would have been a great question be3fore shooting the 2nd one.
Now we can comment without knowing your new footage.

-Is that a trailer for a documentary about your movie & then a music video before your actual movie? It's kinda weird to start it that way. Why did you do that? Those feel nice but I'd keep those separate.

-I saw about 10 mins. of it. The acting seems awkward. If you're going for a natural realistic feel I'd try to find better actors. If you want to stay with the style you have here, I'd exaggerate the awkwardness to make it strangely comedic, sort of like what Johnny Depp did in Ed Wood.

-The newspaper looks like it has stuff pasted on. You could've photocopied the whole thing so it looks like one piece.
-The high angle shot in the house. Do you have palm trees superimposed in the window?
-The blond girl, does she have a wig?
These are distracting if you're going for a natural feel, but I suppose it works if you're going for something strangely comedic, you have to push it in one way or the other so it's more obvious. Not sure if this'll help you much if you've already shot your 2nd film. Maybe you can edit around stuff like this or do reshoots where it's needed to go one way or the other.

The editing in general seems fine from what I've seen. Just keep going & get better with each one. Doing short films might help you improve faster since you don't have to spend so much time on them & you can use the things you learn for the next long film. I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back