Vimeo Passwords Keep Breaking - Ruining My Festival Submissions

You know what sucks? When the "standard," thing that everyone loves and demands stops working for my business ventures.

My Vimeo passwords keep breaking. Filmfreeway.com is what I use to submit to festivals, and most festivals take Vimeo links with a password. Well, Vimeo's password system has already screwed up god only knows how many of my submissions to festivals.

Anyone use Youtube to submit to festivals, with a password?

In general, it seems Vimeo has potentially ruined my film's chances with certain festivals here....

When you say the passwords "keep breaking," you mean they don't work?
I used a password on my feature without a problem.
For shorts, I don't bother - I simply upload to Vimeo, put the link on Filmfreeway, and leave them. No one is going to steal a short.

For shorts, I don't bother - I simply upload to Vimeo, put the link on Filmfreeway, and leave them. No one is going to steal a short.

I mean it's not about people stealing them, but a lot of festivals won't allow for films that are already publicly available.

There's no reason passwords on Vimeo shouldnt be working, you need to give more details on what happened. You cannot make password protected videos on Youtube, but you can have them unlisted.

I didn't find anything in google related to Vimeo and known issues with passwords.

This may be a PEBCAK.

My wife and I have been running film festivals for the past 11 years. Actually, we prefer that you simply upload your film to FilmFreeway and not vimeo. The reason is, if you upload to FilmFreeway and we want your entry for our festival, we can simply hit a "Request Download" button on FilmFreeway, and they will contact you directly. (And you simply hit a button that says "Allow Download". The public is not involved in any way...just FilmFreeway, you, and ourselves.

You know what sucks? When the "standard," thing that everyone loves and demands stops working for my business ventures.

My Vimeo passwords keep breaking. Filmfreeway.com is what I use to submit to festivals, and most festivals take Vimeo links with a password. Well, Vimeo's password system has already screwed up god only knows how many of my submissions to festivals.

Anyone use Youtube to submit to festivals, with a password?

In general, it seems Vimeo has potentially ruined my film's chances with certain festivals here....

I had an identical problem on a couple of occasions. I discovered using numbers fixes the problem.

As a film festival judge

As a judge who has to watch a lot of short films submitted to FF, I really don't like it when a film is submitted via Vimeo. The playback can be excruciating. It only caches for a short duration before the playhead and so the playback is often interrupted while it caches. Films uploaded directly to FF don't have that problem on the same computer and network.

Back