I'm 17 and just wrapped my first feature

Did you? Well, good for you. :rolleyes:

Yes, absolutely, finishing a feature is only part of the equation, but still the very act of completion shows motivation, drive, organisation, discipline, etc, and is worth commending regardless of whether the film is a turd or not (not saying this one is, I haven't watched the 9 minutes of footage)

Perhaps the people 'pandering' to him are genuinely happy for him and recognise the achievement for what it is in itself.

Not an achievement at all. You must not have watched the first 9 minutes on YouTube. If you had, and you just said that, then you and I have NOTHING to talk about. Clearly you haven't watched it, so I am grateful we can continue to communicate.

Also, this kid threatened me with posting my personal address here and has sent me PMs with the same, merely because I gave him constructive criticism which other filmmakers here have agreed was good criticism. And, I even followed it up with more sugar coated criticism after he lambasted me.

Last edited:
No I haven't seen the 9 minutes of film, but my point is regardless of quality can you really say it is...

Not an achievement at all.

He has assembled a cast and crew and made a feature. That is some sort of achievement, surely.

As for threatening to post peoples addresses, that is obviously a no-no.

I think Sky screwed up and assumed you asked for feedback. It's unlike him to do what he did to start with. I don't think he knows the best way out of the hole... or he might not care. The world is a large place.

I didn't mess up Sweetie. Did I assume? Well I assumed he'd never return to the site after his promote and run as the others do. So do I think it's unlike me? No, I try to help anyways. If someone came across his thread they could have learned something by following the link to another thread where a number of ITers talk about the negatives of half full campaigns.

Finding a hole or not caring.... Oh I certainly just stopped caring. It's the internet and I've been around enough to know the smell of bait. Which brings me to why I'm here...

Please just stop.

Conner, do just that. I like you, I really do. Ambition is worth a million in this industry. You have ZERO professional training and most likely no set experience. I could tell from the moment you sent me a clip from your film a few months back. The window was blown out and your exposure was high, virtually ruining the scene, I told you this already and how to fix it in the future. That's what this is all about, learning from our mistakes.

You have a LONG way to go, but so do I. As well as Sweetie and jrusso. Hell you've made a feature. Regardless if it's not the highest quality, you're a step higher than most here.

Now please, ignore this conversation from here on out completely. Take a higher road than this.

That was a PM from Connor Williams sent to Russo.

Nice give up you.

You publicly claim you're being bullied and in private messages you make implied threats to both him and his family, including young children. On top of that you admit to hacking computers.

Lastly... yea... you crossed a major line. Sure, I could have done this when a thread was SPECIFICALLY made to slander me, but general reasoning should have told you that's a bad move. All you should do is make your defense... if you smell bait, let it rot.

----------------

I didn't quote you jrusso.... but you made a comment about my age and how I think I know everything about filmmaking...

I'm not going to dignify that absurd out of no where comment with a response, but I'd like to ask you kindly to stop randomly bringing me up in threads and slandering me. Please and thanks.

Watch it yourself. You can form your own opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3izAb7ECTSw

Sure it's an achievement. So is being a part of the annual Darwin awards. Food for thought?

Hey everyone, i just "finished" eating lunch. That's "some kind of achievement" right.

SkyCopeland, I've been member for over a year. So you're full of shit. You posted a rude message which was very high and mighty for your experience level, and when i called you out for it, You continued to insult me and everyone else on this site by setting that indie filmmakers all think they know everything... which i posted publicly and removed.

You only fell back on the "posting and running" excuse when someone else suggested it.

Everyone stood up for you merely because it appeared i was attacking you,when in fact the opposite was true. You're a little know it all prick, which i think time will out. I've been around long enough to see you little film school idiots wash out when you realize how much work it is to make films.

See i gave you advice and you didn't want to hear it either jackass. Maybe next time you'll think before you try to correct people with way more years experience. See, we haven't failed because we're older than you, we've actually just hit the roadblocks you haven't even had the chance to hit yet, and we're still making films. You haven't even hit a life obstacle yet. You don't have kids, haven't lost a high paying job, haven't had a sick wife/child requiring surgery, etc... you gotta pay your dues.

Enough - no more threats or personal attacks. I'd rather not ban anyone but I will if this continues.

Lastly Russo and Sweetie, that was posted because some people asked for me to post stuff. But in your minds they were being nice to me because of my age. Maybe thats true. Maybe it is not. I actually dont think it is. Thay have been real encouraging. That opening is before color grading and sound mixed and ADR.

This is the first site that I found looking to network. I found a great guy that color graded off this site. I was hoping to do more stuff. I even posted I would act for free in peoples projects.

I dont post her to be made fun of. Constructive criticism is great. Being mean spirited is just mean. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I was truly hoping you were on some sort of bender but apparently this is you.

Lastly, if I wanted to post personal info of you I would have. Obviously, my threat to you dindt work.

Mods.. Im asking you to please take down this thread. This thread does no one any good. Thanks

Lastly Russo and Sweetie, that was posted because some people asked for me to post stuff. But in your minds they were being nice to me because of my age. Maybe thats true. Maybe it is not. I actually dont think it is. Thay have been real encouraging. That opening is before color grading and sound mixed and ADR.

This is the first site that I found looking to network. I found a great guy that color graded off this site. I was hoping to do more stuff. I even posted I would act for free in peoples projects.

I dont post her to be made fun of. Constructive criticism is great. Being mean spirited is just mean. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I was truly hoping you were on some sort of bender but apparently this is you.

Lastly, if I wanted to post personal info of you I would have. Obviously, my threat to you dindt work.

Mods.. Im asking you to please take down this thread. This thread does no one any good. Thanks

You posted my old address, before you knew it was old. You also sent me a PM threatening me, and then again publicly here, telling me that i could tell the mods all i want but they won't be able to help me.

Nice changeup. Mods please read theconnorwilliams old posts.

Last edited:
Mods, please take note...

I have your real address. I was giving you a heads up by posting your old one. You have a lot to say about me and others behind a keyboard. You are a bully. I asked you repeatedly to leave me alone. But you kept pushing and pushing. Remember when you said this, “About to get all kinds of personal on people he knows nothing about personally. This should be interesting.”

I have a lot of info on you. But I warned you. I doubt the mods will help youas I have done nothing but ask both of you to leave me alone.

Anything you would like to say to me now?

I

Who's the bully?

Last edited:
"About to get all kinds of personal on people he knows nothing about personally. This should be interesting." Really? 11352 Pickford St- Shall I go on kiddo?

Mods, also please take note of the personal info, he attempted to post. This is an old address he apparently posted in an attempt to scare me because later he said, "I doubt I'll be hearing from JRusso anymore." I have Sweetie who will attest to this tactic.

why did no one make me popcorn.. this thread is becoming a movie of its own :)

:pop:

popcorn.jpg.56ae1865740deb786cba52fb32376fae.jpg

Obviously, my threat to you dindt work.

There's a difference between a threat and "I wish my coward bitch-ass could intimidate" bullshit. What you did was not cool. A real sign of your character. You have a lot to learn about dealing with adults.

Thay have been real encouraging.

They have been very encouraging of your achievement of finishing a feature film. Even I congratulated you. It's a significant first step. 7 years since your last film right? I hope the wait is a lot less for your next film.

Speaking of accomplishments. How about that Scott Sterling. 5 saves out of 5! What an achievement? Am I right or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

Being mean spirited is just mean.

Another%2BUseless%2BFact.jpg

Life is full of perspectives.

So here's the incredibly nasty, horrible bullying that I guess I did to somehow justify my old address being posted on the message boards as a passive aggressive threat. Now getting to know this fella, I'm thinking it was too nice.

Looks okay for your age, but you really should stop riding the "age" train. You added it in your trailer very shamelessly.

Let your work speak without the age dropping. Not a bad teaser... But not a trailer. Trailers have VO dialogue and explain the basic premise. This leaves us asking questions as to the premise. Which is a teaser, IMO.

Looks like you are making a modern day Breakfast Club, which isn't a bad idea if you make it less obvious. But the last line saying, "you know I didn't really mind hanging out with you guys today," and the text saying, "5 Lives Collide, All Before Breakfast" is just way too on the nose.

Also, your dialogue is saying too much. For instance, your characters should SHOW that they like each other... Not directly say it. Lines like, "Yeah she's right, I really like you guys..." is once again, way too on the nose. John Hughes never had any of the Breakfast Club characters say the words, "Wow, I hated you guys before today, but now I like you," but you definitely feel the camaraderie at the end.

Back