• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Bring Fun Back To Film

A friend of mine mentioned this site as a great place to connect with other people who are as excited about movies as I am. I work in the film industry as a script supervisor, but have gotten so fed up with doing the same old crappy movies. I hope this is a forum where we can share ideas. I tried to do something on Kickstarter that got other people involved. Because I have only 30 days to reach the goal, I figured why not just put the idea out there to other people. If you want to see something new, or want to get a discussion going. Check out this site. I'm happy to take feedback.

Let me know what I can support. I just want to try something different.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1042852587/celebrity-status

Luke

For a $100 pledge you can submit your audition for this film if you're interested... If you don't get selected for a role, worst case scenario you had fun, and got to perform.
:lol:
And I thought getting filmmaking people to volunteer, AKA work w/o pay, was morally ambiguous and subjective.

FWIW, I can have fun and perform for nothing.
I think I'll spend my hundred bucks at the dollar store on my kids instead.

I've worked a few mexican movies here in Texas. That is what they do. They bring in a name actor from mexico and charge the local actors to be in the movie with them.

I've worked a few mexican movies here in Texas. That is what they do. They bring in a name actor from mexico and charge the local actors to be in the movie with them.

For real?! :eek:

I thought that kind of pay-to-play was loooong gone. Then again, it's one of the first things hammered home at beginner acting classes, too. Wouldn't need to mention it, if it never happened. :bag:

This actually happens...seems a bit rough to me. Oh well, I guess if people are willing to pay then there will always be some tyrant willing to collect.

This is a great idea. I bet if actors paid to be in my movies, then they would definitely show up on time!! All these actors I've been getting to volunteer just don't take it seriously enough.

:lol:

Oh, I think all of IT would lovvvvvve to see that. :D
Can you get that on video - with a soundtrack - and post it, please?! :yes::lol:

I don't think my membership here would last much longer :no:

reminds me of a scene in Bowfinger where Steve Martin charges actresses to audition for his no-budget film

He says one thing that I actually perfectly understand -- "The goal of this movie isn't to be in theaters or make money".

I get that because I made a feature film with the same non-goals. Except, my feature film didn't cost $700K.

Ridiculous.

Back