• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Improvised Movie Ideas

I have a list of improvised movie ideas that I have come up with while creating this thread. These ideas are freely available for any to use for their short or feature, to adapt in any other forms of entertainment, to make additions and changes for whatever needs you may have.

Why am I doing this? It's as much a creative exercise as it is a sign of good will to those who may have trouble coming up with ideas of their own or maybe an idea posted here will spark their imagination.

I do not expect any royalties or anything else from these ideas and I am not even after screen credit.

I hope there's something here that may pique your interest:

1. A painting comes to life and demands royalties from the artist because it is a famous piece of artwork.

2. A serial killer decides to change tact and pretends to be a victim to lure people in.

3. A cartoonist becomes a superhero in a competitor's cartoon without that person's knowledge and is secretly attempting to sabotage the entire franchise.

4. In the future no one communicates with proper words anymore, everything is communicated through abbreviations.

5. A door to door salesman is secretly an undercover agent working on a massive global assignment to gather information.

6. A group of students break into their school late one night but they become heroes when it turns out they foiled a burglary, which just happened to be by a teacher there, so to cover their tracks they explain that they were suspicious of the
teacher's activities so they followed him to the school.

7. A psychic is hired to help find the location of a secret society's long lost treasure that the last known person with the information regarding it's location never revealed it to their subsequent leaders.

8. A dog is complaining to it's friends about how their owner treats them.

9. An alien that crash lands on Earth can mimic anyone it sees and it decides to help those in need by taking on the identity of people who have the power to change others for the good of mankind.

10. A psychiatrist falls in love with one of her patients but the patient dies and the psychiatrist quits her profession because she feels like it's her fault he died.

11. A janitor secretly eavesdrops on people's conversations when they are complaining about their colleagues and then goes to that colleague and let's them know what they heard, to see their reactions just for the fun of it.

There's eleven ideas to start with.

Last edited:
Back