Your Dream Movie

This question has probably already been asked, but since I havent seen it I'll post it. For writer/directors or aspiring ones, if you could have the money to direct a movie you've written or plan on writing what would it be? If I had the money to do that I'd direct a movie based on the story the Call of Cthulu by H.P. Lovecraft. Or an anthology of some of his short stories.

There's a story (or rather series of related stories) that's been in my head for years involving dreams and a labyrinth. There's also a D&D campaign that I wrote but never ran years ago that I would LOVE to turn into something outside of my head.

Oh, and Serenity 2 :)

An adaptation of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" by Edward Albee
An adaptation of "All My Sons" by Arthur Miller

And a couple of ideas of my own that I'm tossing around :)

well... as for my own projects... i've got 2 separate scifi epics that i would love to make. for one i have the first draft of a script, for the other i just have an in-depth synopsis written.

as for an established property, i'd love to do a hitchcock type movie version of Ken Follett's Code to Zero, which then also continued on in an HBO series.

I have two feature length scripts and id love to be able to make either of them.

Something that everyone knows which id love to do: The Great Gatsby.

Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein.

thumbs-up.jpg

I would love to do Dragon Flight, the first of the Pern novels by Anne McCaffrey; and, of course, follow up with all of the rest.

I also think that the Belgariad and Mallorean or the Elenium and Tamuli series by David Eddings would make a nice bunch of films as well.

If it's just a single film I would like to (re)do "The Robe". The film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046247/) was okay but the only similarities between it and the novel are the character names and the setting; it missed the scope and the intent of the book miserably.

I have a hard sci-fi screenplay (about 80% finished now, but I know the full plot arc) that follows all (or at least most) of the laws of physics, doesn't dumb anything down, is entertaining (I hope!), and I could probably do it justice for about $60 million, give or take.

Unfortunately, no one is going to give me $60 million.

I'm also writing a trilogy love story that would be horrendously expensive and astounding beautiful. Well, so I says. Might just be my ego talking. (I've only got 57 pages actually written down, but they're a good 57 pages.)

I'm with Lapdance. I want to make an "R-rated" "Star Wars", for the adult fans.

A few more, in no particular order:

Bring Jean-Luc and the rest of the crew back for another Trek Next Gen movie.

I'd love to do a Bond movie. And I would make sure that my Bond movie has a proper opening credits, complete with plenty of silhouettes of naked ladies. More importantly, our score would feature proper Bond themes; I think it's a travesty that they've been largely absent from the last two.

Original ideas of my own (again, in no particular order):

A time-travel mistaken-identity action/comedy.
A coming-of-age story, set during WWII.
A futuristic action/romance.
A Bob Marley biopic.

Sorry, I'm being vague; each of those has a specific story, I'm just not ready to share details publicly. :)

Fun thread!

Here's to hoping that each of us might achieve said dreams!!!

There's been talk of an "Enders Game" (by Orson Scott Card) movie for years. It's definitely going to take someone special to pull it off. I wonder if Pixar could make it as their first R or heavily PG rated film?

Um, what do you mean by R-rated? ;)

:lol:

Oops, poorly-worded. My version would be more of a War Movie, bloody as shit (more like in the veign of "Gladiator"), and we wouldn't have any cutesy characters. Also, Anakin's early life of slavery would be treated as tragic as it would in real life.

As for Trek, I had a feeling you'd like that one. Not sure how you feel about this, but I would essentially bring
Data back from the dead, vis-a-vis B4. "Nemesis" was basically "Wrath of Khan" for Next Gen, including the sacrificial death, but not before Spock/Data plants his memory inside the head of Bones/B4. So, my movie would be "Search for Spock" for Next Gen, except awesome.

Back