How to grow a Filmmaking Network and Grow your own brand

Aspiring filmmaker here just wanted advise.

I wanted some tips on how to grow a film network. Film-making is my passion but I understand that is will always be a team project. I have nobody to ever work. The site I always try to utilize is Craigslist but no progress is ever made. Ex. I saw a post looking for a crew to work with. I was pretty excited and the poster seemed serious. A few weeks have past and nothing has been done. I even sent another message. No reply.

It gets so frustrating because all I want to do is film and grow as a filmmaker. Summer is almost over and I'm annoyed about the amount of film activities I've been involved in. (I've done 1 paid gig).

I'm still a beginner and I understand that but how can I grow when I'm staying at home doing nothing. Unfortunately I don't own my own equipment but I do have a camera I could use. A Nikon D3200. (It's my sister but its practically mine). People might ask, well why don't you film with the camera? But it's kinda hard when you have no one to work with! Unfortunately in my area besides from people with film interest, I have zero friends here anyways.

I was thinking about maybe opening an Instagram account and venture into photography. And hopefully try to build a following from that. But even that is difficult.

I live in South Jersey but I live a train ride away from Philly. There's a film culture there I just do not know how to tap into it.

It just annoys me now because is practically over and I wanted to come back this semester much stronger.

Since this is a film site, I just wanted tips from people who can relate. How can I put myself out there? Are there any sites that people post up about production? Paid or non-paid I really dont care. I just have so many questions lol.

As for film making...I have made a few films just recording myself...another guy on here Musonman I think, has mastered this, doubling as himself in the same video at times to get two characters onto the one screen at the same time.

As for film making...I have made a few films just recording myself...another guy on here Musonman I think, has mastered this, doubling as himself in the same video at times to get two characters onto the one screen at the same time.

He made a joke about that but it was his brother in that film :lol:

Anyway film maker diva I am in gambrills MD probably about 90 minutes away. Although it sounds like you're a girl, I know they have to be a lot more careful about venturing to strange areas with people from the internet.

Just making my own stuff, I haven't done any paid gigs for others and likely never will. Maybe for screen writing one day I could see myself doing that.

Back