• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I made a music video in New York

Hey boys and gents and 1 female that might be on here... hiding somewhere :P

I made a little... VERY low budget music video while I was in New York, all done by myself... any feedback? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=AvsiDIZ_0EA

Hey boys and gents and 1 female that might be on here... hiding somewhere :P

I made a little... VERY low budget music video while I was in New York, all done by myself... any feedback? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=AvsiDIZ_0EA

As you asked for feedback...

I think you're incredibly talented and some of your stuff has that little touch of filming 'genius' which means you have a better chance than most of being tremendously successful. However, didn't like this one and turned off after less than 30 seconds as there were too many cliches for me. I thought the touches of discomfort you brought (which are kinda your hallmarks) turned me off when combined with the cliches.

To explain about the 'cliche,' have seen a million vids with NY shots and a too many vids with kids with dead military dads and this looked like another one. My favourite is 'The Zac Brown Band' and their song 'Chicken Fried' but it's a personal thing.

I get that it's part of your style and normally dig your style. I also get that the discomfort you bring is clever but really struggled with this one.

Sorry... :( I say 'sorry' because I know how talented you are. Almost as talented as me... ;)

As you asked for feedback...

I think you're incredibly talented and some of your stuff has that little touch of filming 'genius' which means you have a better chance than most of being tremendously successful. However, didn't like this one and turned off after less than 30 seconds as there were too many cliches for me. I thought the touches of discomfort you brought (which are kinda your hallmarks) turned me off when combined with the cliches.

To explain about the 'cliche,' have seen a million vids with NY shots and a too many vids with kids with dead military dads and this looked like another one. My favourite is 'The Zac Brown Band' and their song 'Chicken Fried' but it's a personal thing.

I get that it's part of your style and normally dig your style. I also get that the discomfort you bring is clever but really struggled with this one.

Sorry... :( I say 'sorry' because I know how talented you are. Almost as talented as me... ;)

I get what you mean, the girl is from England and we all went to New York for few weeks to record tracks and make more videos, they wanted New York to be featured in a video, and wanted something sad and on budget. I wanted to bit different idea but they liked this more so I went with it, also didn't have much time and no help with anything regarding pre production. But all done in 1 day.

This video did not come out the way I wanted as I was working with a cunt but that's a different story. :)

I get what you mean, the girl is from England and we all went to New York for few weeks to record tracks and make more videos, they wanted New York to be featured in a video, and wanted something sad and on budget. I wanted to bit different idea but they liked this more so I went with it, also didn't have much time and no help with anything regarding pre production. But all done in 1 day.

This video did not come out the way I wanted as I was working with a cunt but that's a different story. :)

Ah... understood.

What was your idea?

I love the B&W look, there are some very cool iconic NY shots. The jib of the subway train was very interesting. Very impressive for that to be shot in one day.

Back