Hiya everybody!

New to this. Basically over the last year I've become very interesting in making films and any advice I could get is very welcome at this stage as I am a raw novice.

I have written a few good scripts and messed around with my camera but actually making a film seems pretty hard.

get a team, make something very small at first. practice, research, know your gear inside and out. don't make excuses when faced with challenges; see those challenges as opportunities to be more creative. filmmaking to me is all about creative problem solving. knowing that no matter how much pre production you do, there will always be unexpected variables on the shoot (or in post). can't emphasize the "just do it" concept enough. make something, even if it's 45 seconds, even if it's 360p on an eight year old camera. start to finish, just make it.

Last edited:
get a team, make something very small at first. practice, research, know your gear inside and out. don't make excuses when faced with challenges; see those challenges as opportunities to be more creative. filmmaking to me is all about creative problem solving. knowing that no matter how much pre production you do, there will always be unexpected variables on the shoot (or in post). can't emphasize the "just do it" concept enough. make something, even if it's 45 seconds, even if it's 360p on an eight year old camera. start to finish, just make it.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Back