• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for a screenplay

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a screenplay to direct and I was wondering if anyone could be of any help!

I've tried my hand at screenwriting but just can't get the hang of it so I was wondering if anyone fancied a collaboration.

I'm looking for something original that you can't find in any corner of the internet. I've directed a few theatre productions and a couple of short films that have been silent and unscripted.

Please give me a heads up if you're interested or know of anything!

Thanks

Last edited:
I have one written up but would I get credit as a write? how would I know if I got credit too? is there financial compensation involved? how long of a screen play are you looking for?

Rethink your post.

I have one written up but would I get credit as a write? how would I know if I got credit too? is there financial compensation involved? how long of a screen play are you looking for?

You sir, are a not educated. It seems as though you have no Idea for how a screenplay works. First off, let me just tell you that a screenplay accepted by anyone; has to been a maximum of 120 Pages. Although during the process just before production can make the screenplay up to 300 pages maximum. (James Cameron did so with 'Titanic')
Second off, Yes; Of-course you get the credit for writing the screenplay (it's your's), as long as you have proof you have written it. (Take a photo, it'll last longer ;) ) And Finally, Yes, there is always compensation (even if its really small) legally you are selling the rights your work (unless you are donating). All-In-All; Every legitimate Producer like the one who's posted this forum to the board, will know what there looking for, and would respond with-in a reasonable amount of time if they were interested.

You sir, are a not educated. It seems as though you have no Idea for how a screenplay works.
Is this really necessary? This forum has people of all levels of education.
If you want to teach those who do not have the level of education you
do I suggest you lighten up. It does seem that mrpink has no idea how
a screenplay sale works. Do you feel it's proper to tear him down before
you offer your experience?

Quite..

Is this really necessary? This forum has people of all levels of education.
If you want to teach those who do not have the level of education you
do I suggest you lighten up. It does seem that mrpink has no idea how
a screenplay sale works. Do you feel it's proper to tear him down before
you offer your experience?

I feel it to be proper and quite necessary. :yes:

I feel it to be proper and quite necessary. :yes:

Why? Why was it necessary to spout such pompous and inaccurate nonsense? In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't Hollywood, so your badly articulated opinions are entirely inappropriate. I've had a couple of shorts made from screenplays I collaborated on with other IT members. The length was determined by the budget and other constraints of the filmmaker - vague notions of 120-page maximums are irrelevant to this kind of endeavour. And I didn't get paid, but then nor did I expect to. I don't expect part-time filmmakers to have a budget to pay for a script when they're likely paying for the entire production out of their own pockets already. But some screenwriters may be unwilling to work in this arrangement so asking the question is a good starting point.

TL;DR: mrpink's questions were the right questions to ask and your advice was the wrong advice to give.

What a point; not made.

Why? Why was it necessary to spout such pompous and inaccurate nonsense? In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't Hollywood, so your badly articulated opinions are entirely inappropriate. I've had a couple of shorts made from screenplays I collaborated on with other IT members. The length was determined by the budget and other constraints of the filmmaker - vague notions of 120-page maximums are irrelevant to this kind of endeavour. And I didn't get paid, but then nor did I expect to. I don't expect part-time filmmakers to have a budget to pay for a script when they're likely paying for the entire production out of their own pockets already. But some screenwriters may be unwilling to work in this arrangement so asking the question is a good starting point.

TL;DR: mrpink's questions were the right questions to ask and your advice was the wrong advice to give.

An opinion is an opinion! ;) :D

Butt Hurt I See!

Well, im very sorry that you are quite butt hurt. You do not need to get defensive; we are all film makers here. :lol:

I've been reading Rationalscreenwriter's rants, and I don't think English is his native language. His sentence structure reads like something out of Babelfish, and his syntax and total lack of punctuation (misuse of caps) makes me think his country of origin is Northern Africa/Middle East. I'm guessing a 1980's famine led to stunted brain development or something. The last time I read anything similar to what Mister Mucus Johnson (his "claimed real name") wrote, it started with "My name is DR CHARLES OBOSAH, INTERNAL AUDITOR MUTUAL OF OMAHA PLC. of the Republic of Zimbabalouie. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of our bank Mr.JONATHAN GHUNIAM who perished in an auto-crash accident in his car in october . and left a fortune of $20.000,000.000 dollar US". Shades of Spanish prisoners.

Back