Projected Blue Ray

I pick up my Blue Ray copies of the film tomorrow, and super excited to see them. The Premiere was projected SD, and I'm expecting to see quite a difference. (the audience probably never noticed, but I could see the grain on the big screen).

Even better I have gotten on long term loan (yes, FREE) a Sony PLV-1080HD projector (retail about $2000), a 4' X 9.5' screen from white curtain blackout material being constructed as we speak, and went out at lunch and bought Blu Ray player and HDMI cable. This gives me the ability ot project a very high quality image at any venue I can weasel my way into. recouping costs rocks my socks.

Projectors are awesome, yah.

I've got an Optoma DV10 (has a built-in dvd player); everything else plugs into the back.

Combine that with a 14" diag screen, and the living room is pretty pimp. :cool:

Projectors are awesome, yah.

I've got an Optoma DV10 (has a built-in dvd player); everything else plugs into the back.

Combine that with a 14" diag screen, and the living room is pretty pimp. :cool:

It looked incredible. A little disappointed in the crowd, about 50 people, 30 paid (rest cast and crew), but I was so burned out from promoting the premiere I didn't put enough work into it.

I am very tempted to set that puppy up in my living room, SERIOUSLY pimp.

THIS IS SPINAL TAP references.... FUNNY!

I'm hoping to get my HD shorts transferred to a BLU-RAY (BD-R) disc and projected in full HD.

My editor didn't have a burner, and apparently they are not Mac friendly (burners), so I had to go to a commercial guy to do it. $100 for the initial render, then $20 a copy, so $300 for 10 copies.

Back