• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch You Can (Energy Commercial)

422978_3347220399894_1250318154_33365950_2008266732_n.jpg

Hey everyone, I've recently decided to participate in my electric cooperative Teen Video contest, the objective being to make a 30-60 second spot about energy efficiency etc. This is my submission. It's a little sketchy, and rushed, I know, but I gave it all that I could within my three days of pre, during and post-production. The moving shots were a challenge. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HusqYbgi37o&feature=player_detailpage

:)

Last edited:
Add the totals up! ;)

The point you are trying to make is that lots of small savings during the course of a year add up to big savings. All the audience is seeing is a bunch of tiny numbers. Keep a running total, that increases with each new saving. Many ways to do it. By the time the video ends, the viewer needs to see a number in the thousands, or similar. Much bigger impact.

Aside from that... it's good. Does the job. There were a couple of grammar hiccups in the v/o, but nothing major.

Actually, cutting the house to total dark could have been to dimly lit, as opposed to pitch black. While dimly lit doesn't save as much power as no lights at all... at least we have something interesting on the screen, as opposed to black nothing. It's a visual medium, remember.

But yeah... it's good :)

Actually, cutting the house to total dark could have been to dimly lit, as opposed to pitch black. While dimly lit doesn't save as much power as no lights at all... at least we have something interesting on the screen, as opposed to black nothing. It's a visual medium, remember.

Hmm, it actually does cut to a darker version of the house (as it was shot), but I guess I need to turn the exposure up a bit to make it visible.

I love the external house scene because I shot it very much at night with the H12800 ISO (!!!), but through turning up one channel of exposure and turning down the other in Final Cut Pro, the horrible grain was reduced to that of a 800ish ISO :cool: Thank God for post-production :D

Pretty decent. I would have mentioned solar lighting for the yard at night.I think exterior illumination of some sort will save you more money than it costs when it deters the thieves:lol:

Haha, thanks. I apologize in advance for the horrible narration/soundtrack. The "Daydream" Apple jingle was the only halfway-decent one that was the same length as the video, and I had a numb mouth (dental appointment) during narration. :P

Back