• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

30-minute short seeks key Executive Producers

Hey, everyone,

I just wandered in here via an email indietalk sent the director of my latest project, a short film about a woman living in San Francisco who becomes a superhero.

You can check it out at

www.thefiveminutestone.com

to learn more about the script, cast and crew.

Yes, we too are looking for key Executive Producers/Managing Members to join our company and help fund the short.

Echelon Entertainment has asked to see the finished film for a possible distribution deal.

Monday, we met with the CEO of a San Francisco-based live-action/animation company to negotiate a co-production deal. He wants to acquire some of our ancillary rights - like videogame, comix, etc. - in exchange for seed money and access to his people and equipment connections in the Bay Area. His co. is wrapping a sci fi feature and has long had a distribution deal with Diamond Comics....We're still waiting for the deal letter to see how much money we get for what.

I am surprised and happy to see directorik here. I can't rave enough about him - Back in 2001 and 2002, he patiently answered questions from me and dozens, even hundreds of newbies on Project Greenlight's forums.

Best to all -

pronnes

pronnes said:
I am surprised and happy to see directorik here. I can't rave enough about him - Back in 2001 and 2002, he patiently answered questions from me and dozens, even hundreds of newbies on Project Greenlight's forums.
:welcome:

Yes, directorik is a very helpful member. I'm sure you will find our entire community is helpful here. Welcome!

I'm afraid I know nothing about business-matters :no:

But I read the basics on your website, and it sounds like a good story with a most problematic moral dilemma within it.

What are you hoping to film this on? :)

Zensteve said:
I'm afraid I know nothing about business-matters :no:

But I read the basics on your website, and it sounds like a good story with a most problematic moral dilemma within it.

What are you hoping to film this on? :)

Thanks for the note. We'll likely be shooting on digital with either our dp's equipment or equipment we acquire via the co. courting us. The director was discussing the pro's and con's (mostly con's) of shooting directly onto HD with the ceo of the company discussed at the top of this thread.

pronnes

pronnes my friend!

Great to see you here. This is a great community and you will be a fine asset.

directorik said:
pronnes my friend!

Great to see you here. This is a great community and you will be a fine asset.

Thanks!

I think I recently saw one of your films on cable....It was about several people up in a cabin in the woods. Lots of talk about improving relationships, I recall.

I'm working hard on this short, of course, but I'm also gearing up to rewrite a TWILIGHT ZONE spec into a feature-length supernatural thriller...that takes place in a cabin in the woods. A little different from your film, though, as nearly everyone in mine is very, very bad.

Nice to chat with you again -

pronnes

to rewrite a TWILIGHT ZONE spec

The original point of the thread is quickly derailing... but I cannot help but enquire about this one. :P

Which episode? The Twilight Zone & The Outer Limits are personal faves of mine.

(Oh, and when did Directorik forget to mention here, that he had a film playing on cable? Maybe my memory is shot)

Zensteve said:

The original point of the thread is quickly derailing... but I cannot help but enquire about this one. :P

Which episode? The Twilight Zone & The Outer Limits are personal faves of mine.

(Oh, and when did Directorik forget to mention here, that he had a film playing on cable? Maybe my memory is shot)

Hey, Zensteve,

I wrote the TZ script as a spec to show I could write in tv format. Alas, both of the shows you mention were cancelled by the time I wrote my TZ script, but I wanted to write an "original episode" that could easily be translated into something else like a feature-length script. I'm a huge, HUGE fan of BUFFY (What a series finale!!) and would've loved to have written a sample for that show, but that wouldn't've been as "cost effective" for me in the long run.

I'm not sure...but I think the film I saw was directorik's.

pronnes

PS - Check out my bio on my site mentioned above to see who's read the TZ spec and what's happened because of it. [End of shameless plug here.]

Hey, everyone,

Today, I had a 4-hour conversation with the ceo of that co. I mentioned above. We hashed out where he wants the script to go and what he and his co. can do for this project.

I'm happy to say we're now more than 80% funded, as the ceo has formally extended his co's resources. We now "just" need to pursue the balance of our budget to get the short produced and distributed.

Lots of hard work, but it's a very exciting time, indeed.

pronnes

Zensteve said:
That's amazing news indeed, Mr Pronnes!

Thanks! Last night at the Metreon in San Francisco, I watched SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW with a friend. I half-watched it and half-thought about the rewrites for the short. When we got home, my friend made one comment comparing SCATWOT to DUNE, and I knew how to rework the ending of the short. Very exciting, very nerdy, I know.

Tomorrow and Sunday, I PA on someone else's feature in Berkeley, then rewrite the short during the week, so that it's done by Friday, when the ceo and the lead actress meet for the first time.

Best to all -

pronnes

Back